Friday, 7 October 2011

The Holly And The Ivy


It's that time again already - Challenge #51 at CACB is to be inspired by a Christmas Song - any Christmas song! I couldn't get "the holly and the ivy" out of my head, I don't know why - it isn't a particular favourite but it stubbornly refused to budge! I don't have any ivy stamps or backing papers or dies so it was rather annoying - anyway, I eventually took the hint and decided to draw an ivy corner which is going into the shop as soon as I've posted this. What I've used with it are the pre-coloured holly wreath, one of the Christmas baubles and a bow from the embellishments sheet. (All from Crafty Ann's) The bauble and bow were coloured in photoshop and the ivy corner was coloured with promarkers (satin, forest green and pine). The greeting is a Humphrey's corner stamp that was part of a free set from a recent magazine and I've distressed the main base layer at the edges.

I'm also entering my card into these challenges:

Thank you for your visit today and I do hope you'll get the time to join us this fortnight.

6 comments:

  1. great card the ivy looks fab thank you so much for joining us at truly scrumptious this week
    hugs sara x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Ann, loving all the new digis. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely and very christmassy :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous.Thanks for joining us at Truly Scrumptious,hope to see you next time...
    Mandy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. A stunning and elegant card Ann, your colouring is beautiful and I love your big red bauble :) Donna ♥ x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful! Love the way you combined the holly and the ivy images. Thanks for joining us at Heart Song inspirations this week. Hope to see you play again next week.
    NanaConnie HSI DT

    ReplyDelete

I'm always thrilled to receive your comments, thank you for taking the time to leave them x