Monday, 10 October 2011

Halloween Mischief!

Well my lovely little muse has struck again! As soon as his Nana shared a photo she took of him in his pumpkin suit, I couldn't resist and the pencil and paper had to come out and Halloween Mischief! was born! I used one of the unlined journalling tags as a mat and distressed the edges by sponging with brown. I used the same tag for the greeting, just making it smaller. The main bp is from the black & orange collection and the side panel is some orange card with a fine corrugation that I've had in my stash for ages and that I backed with some back card to create a narrow border down the two long sides. I cut a swirl using a Marianne's die out of the same black and finished the design off with some faux brads. Tip: use a hole punch, a piece of foam and two embossing tools to create faux brads out of scraps of card stock. That way you can be sure of having the right colour to match your project - and if you get yourself a divided box, you can punch lots out of tiny scraps of precious card stock such as mirri so that you get as much as you can out of it.


I'm entering my card into these challenges:

Thank you for your visit today and for the lovely comments you leave, they are much appreciated.

12 comments:

  1. Great card Ann, love the orange and black
    Beryl x

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW very vibrant colours, fab card, Thanks 4 joining us this week @ Top Tip Tuesday for our Sketch Challenge, Don't forget you can enter our challenges up to 3 times, I hope you can come and play again soon, Hugs Samantha

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is incredibly cute and I love the vibrant color choice. Your tip is WONDERFUL and I plan on trying this! Great job.

    Thank you so much for playing along with us at Top Tip Tuesday!

    Lisa xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would recognise those gorgeous eyes anywhere!
    Fab card. NanaTessx

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! I wish I could produce amazing images to use on my cards like you can! Fantastic!
    I LOVE your Top Tip too - so much better than paying for them ;) - Cheaper and a perfect match to card stock!

    Thanks so much for joining in with us this week over at Top Tip Tuesday for our Sketch Challenge :)

    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww, what a sweet card! Perfect for our orange and black challenge this week!

    Thanks so much for playing along at Charisma Cardz,

    hugs

    xxalisonxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow .. that is amazing that you can do that with an image! Fabulous coloours. Thankyou so much for joining us at Crafting For All Seasons.
    xoxoxox Carly

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is fantastic Ann. You are so talented. Thanks for joining us at CFAS xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Ann, what a gorgeous card. I love the image and funky paper. Thanks for joining in with my colour combo challenge over at charisma cardz this week. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous card Ann. Love the DP's and the image is super spookily cute!
    Thanks for playing along with us at Charisma this week.
    Good luck.
    Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. such a cute image! looks totally mischievous too! Thanks for joining us at Gingerloft Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete

I'm always thrilled to receive your comments, thank you for taking the time to leave them x