Sunday, 25 September 2011

You Might Want Your Sunglasses!


I have another card using a Ching Chou Kuik image today. The image is coloured with promarkers (thank goodness for the new nibs!) and I've resisted the temptation to give it a mat which is unusual for me, but I'm trying to take myself out of my comfort zone more often because I think it's great for creativity. The main bp is from the mottled stone collection and the brown one of from the embossed hearts collection. The orange piece has been on my stash since the year dot - It has a nice, very fine corrugation to it but I don't use orange very often so we have another step outside the old comfort zone! The third step is the distressing, something else that doesn't seem to come naturally to me - it does help to give the layers texture though and I do seem to be getting better at it. I don't have a 'proper' distressing tool but my thread cutter for embroidery silks seems to do a decent job although I probably won't be able use it for cutting anything else now........... 
I'm entering my card into these challenges:

Fortunately this card is destined for someone who loves bright colours!

14 comments:

  1. Bright but beautiful Ann, your distressing looks great too. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ann, she's perfect and certainly works well with bright colours. It's amazing how we can be coersed into different colour schemes but they do work. I'm sure your recipient will love it. take care, Kym xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty image and I love the colors you used along with the embossed piece. Thanks for sharing with us at HSI this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. it's beautiful!!!! absolutely beautiful!

    hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card, lovely image and fab colours. Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes
    Hugs Kat
    PSDT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Gorgeous card. Thanks for playing at SPS.
    Hugs Nataliya

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well when this popped up on my reading list I dashed for the sunglasses as wow it is bright but works so well. Your colouring is fab and yes I agree about the fine nibs, they are just great. Love the look of the different textures and your distressing is good. Someone will be very happy when that drops through their letterbox.
    Jenny xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a gorgeous card. I love the image you've used and the fabby colours also. Thanks for joining us this week at PFP. Hugs Michele x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous card Ann. Thanks for joining us this week at PfP, good luck.
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful! Thanks for playing the DTC this week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW GORGEOUS!!!
    thank you so much for joinin us at SPS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful! Glad you went out of your comfort zone, because it came out really cool! Thanks for joining us at Sweet Pea Stampers.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely card Ann!

    Thanks for joining us at CFAS this week! :)
    Lizy DT x

    ReplyDelete
  14. managed to enjoy the card without my shades. Your image suits the bold colours. a lovely card thanks for sharing at ooh-la-la

    ReplyDelete

I'm always thrilled to receive your comments, thank you for taking the time to leave them x