Thursday, 22 September 2011

Whiter Than White!


Good afternoon bloggers, here I am again with another CAS card. I've used a lovely stamp by Ching Chou Kuik and coloured it using promarkers. The new ultra fine nibs that you can get to fit over the existing bullet nibs are ideal for detailed stamps like this and I've been really indulgent with myself and used my two favourite colours here - the gorgeous turquoise shades and the lovely lilac shades. If you're interested, I created the mottled look to the background by going all over the area with a blender pen first then adding my colour while it was still wet, then using the blender pen again in a circular  motion each time. I then cut the image out with a nesties label die. I'm loving white on white atm so I decided to do some paper weaving using white pearlescent paper strips and to give them more texture and definition, I've used 4 different cuttlebug folders to create two pieces for the diagonally opposite corners. I finished it simply with daisies punched from the same pearlescent white and added a tiny pearl to the centre of each. I'm entering my card into these challenges:

Thank you for visiting today.

10 comments:

  1. Lovely card, love the woven detailing

    Thank you so much for participating in our 1000 entry challenge
    Mandi
    LIM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty Ann... love that stamp and the paper weaving looks great. Thanks for sharing
    Love Cynthia x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ann, hello "boss", oh I love other people's goes at white-on-white but still not keen on my own. You've done a lovely job with the Sweet Pea Stamp - is there another Sweet Pea addict in the making? Thanks for taking part in the Sweet Pea Stampers Challenge this fortnight and best of luck. We hope to see you back again very soon. Best wishes, Kym, Sweet Pea Stampers Design Team xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the weaving!
    Super card.
    Thanks again.
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous Ann. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely technique Anne. Super card.

    Edna x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Ann, this is a lovely card. I really like the Sweet Pea stamp and that paper weaving is so effective, may have to borrow that idea.
    Thanks for joining us at Rainbow Lady's this week.
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card, the paper weaving is fabulous. Love it.
    Thank you for sharing with us at Rainbow Lady's this week.
    Jen x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful! Love the weaving and it sets off your image perfectly. Thanks for playing at Southern Girls. Viv x

    ReplyDelete

I'm always thrilled to receive your comments, thank you for taking the time to leave them x