Friday, 30 September 2011

Upside Down Post!

This is one of those posts that I do back to front and show you the picture further down so that it minimises the chances of hubby seeing it if I inadvertently leave the page open on my computer. I've got in early with his Chrismas card this year!
I've had a few people tell me that they'd like to see the poinsettia with script and border image that I used in the last post in more detail because those I used for those cards were small to keep the sketch right. I hope you'll be able to see this one okay. I've used the predominantly red version here but it also comes as a predominantly green version. The background behind the script is clear so that you can put it over any digi paper you want to or print it onto any coloured paper you have in your stash. I've put one of the sheets from the 8x8 Gold Collection behind it and used one of the others for the base card. I placed it so that the gold paper looks like a mat behind the main image and then matted it onto a piece of mirri card leaving a very narrow 2mm border.  I cropped the same image so that I had just the poinsettia and some of the script to minimise waste and printed it off another two times so that I could decoupage it which gives the card lovely dimension. The red paper is from the woodgrain brights collection and I've matted all three pieces onto gold mirri too. (There are 3 pieces but it isn't so easy to see that in the photo because of the flowers. The flowers are the 3D Short Petal and have been printed onto the back of the gold mirri before cutting out. The sentiment is computer generated and the only embellishments are the papermania glittery dome stickers and the two stickles glues in the middle of the flowers and the poinsettia.

I'm entering my card into these challenges:







14 comments:

  1. what a lovely card perfect for our challenge this week
    thank you for joining us at Charisma Cardz this week
    Love Jan
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, I love the poinsettia, great take on the sketch, thanks for joining in with us at Sketch N Stash.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! this is stunning, Ann
    The reds are such a good match - love it!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally gorgeous, thank you for participating in my Christmas challenge. X Fab

    ReplyDelete
  5. stunning card love the poinsettia, the touches of gold work perfectly thanks for joining us at SNS hugs Jill xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a pretty card! Love the dimension. Thanks for joining us at Christmas Card Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  7. An absolutely stunning card Ann!
    Your flower looks gorgeous as the centrepiece on this and I'm sure hubby will be 'over the moon' with it.
    Thanks for joining in with Sketch N Stash.
    lol Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hiya, what a lovely card, i love the colours and the papers you've used! thanks for joining this week at Charisma Cardz with our 'Love' challenge! good luck carlyann xx (Charisma Cardz DT/Owner)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card Ann, I love the big Poinsettia and how you've given it such fab looking dimension.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp for us anything goes challenge, we'd love it if you could join us again and help reach our target of 1000 entry's
    hugs Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. this is just simply.......... GORGEOUS!!! I love how you have done the poinsettia but the colours & other decorations have made this card a superb masterpiece :)

    Thanx for joining in with us over at Sketch N Stash... Good luck :)

    hugz Angie xXx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful flower and a really nice card for your Hubby!
    Thanks for joining charisma cardz this week.
    Christel

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card - the flower is stunning!
    Thanks for playing along at Charisma with us this week.
    Good luck.
    Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so striking, I love all the layers and such a pretty design :)

    Thanks so much for playing along at Charisma Cardz this week,

    hugs

    xxalisonxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a beautiful card - so love your poinsettia. Jx

    ReplyDelete

I'm always thrilled to receive your comments, thank you for taking the time to leave them x