Tuesday, 27 September 2011

Take Two!


My offerings today are very much CAS! I'm beginning to realise that I haven't appreciated the creative freedom that CAS can give us and it's fab for Christmas cards when we have so many to make. The challenge at Less is More this week is a Sketch and when I first looked at it, I thought I'd never pull it off without the recipient checking the envelope to see what had fallen off! I knew it could be done because of the fabulous samples done by Chrissie and Mandi - I just didn't think that I could pull it off. (What a wuss!! You could be forgiven for thinking I was brand new to card making instead of having been making them in all sorts of different styles  for 8 years!)
Working on the basis of 'nothing ventured, nothing gained' I decided to go for it and these are what I came up with. When I showed the card with the red poinsettia last week, it got a very good response so I've come up with these two that have the faux embossed border and a script background - this script is different to the one used on the Gold and Silver versions. One being predominantly red and the other predominantly green. They have just gone into the shop today. They are png files so you can overlay them onto digital bp before printing them off if you want to. I overlaid these onto one of the sheets from the 8x8 Gold collection, then resized to just 6cm x 6cm. I love this aspect of digis, whether I want the image to take up the entire front of and 8x8 card or just a small area on a 6x6, I can have it.  The sentiment is computer generated and printed directly onto linen effect card stock.
I'm also entering my cards into these challenges:

Thank you for visiting today.

11 comments:

  1. Hi Anne, They are fabulous, love the depth of colour, the font on the sentiment is pretty too, Great cards, Gay xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look absolutely great, sadly I couldn't zoom in for a really close nosey, but they certainly don't look as though anything has fallen off!
    Super job!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two super cards Anne. Ideal for when you have to make loads of cards and still have something that bit special to send to someone.

    Edna x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh they're lovely ! Thanks for joining my Christmas challenge, totally appreciate it ! X Fab

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these Anne. Isn't this CAS thing addictive?
    xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Simply lovely! Would love to have had a closer look at the image...maybe next time! :) Fab set of cards for the season!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card Ann.... but you have used an abbreviation CAS... no idea what it means. Thanks for sharing
    Love Cynthia x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning cards, Thank you so much for entering our challenge at ALLSORTS this week, good luck & hope you’ll join us again!
    Hugz Fleur xXx

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are lovely Ann. Thank you for sharing with us at Rainbow Lady's this week.
    Jen x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ann, these are fantastic
    Love the rich Christmassy colours
    Thank you
    LIM Mandi

    ReplyDelete

I'm always thrilled to receive your comments, thank you for taking the time to leave them x