Sunday, 18 September 2011

Swirly Christmas


Here is the second post I promised you in my previous post. It's been inspired by several challenges starting with Bah! Humbug! This week the girls want to see flourishes or swirls. This stamp from Sheena Douglass is one of my favourites and I've embossed with halo gold ep which has a lovely sparkle to it. As I've also been inspired by the Limettes at Less is More, the only other thing I've added is this Poinsettia with script and faux embossed border from Crafty Ann's. It is available in both gold and silver but I've been having a bit of a play with other colours which is why this one is red. I have to admit that the jury is still out as to whether it will find it's way into the shop so feel free to leave your thoughts if you wish. Back to the Limettes - as the girls now have over 1,000 followers they thought it might be fun to see if they could reach 1,000 entries this week so I'm doing my bit to help. This is the first of two I've got made - what have you done to me girls?????? The theme is Anything Goes as long as it's CAS. I also had Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas challenge in mind which is why I opted for the sparkly ep because Hazel wants to see sparkle (and what is Christmas without it??) ABC Christmas want something beginning with S so I've gone with swirls and MWATT also want sparkle - there is some extra sparkle with the diamond stickles in the centre of the poinsettia too.

That's quite a lot of bases covered for one CAS card I think!

13 comments:

  1. Great card Ann, thanks so much for joining us in our attempt at the 1000 submissions!
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful elegant card Ann, love the swirls and the gorgeous Poinsettia.

    Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so beautiful, Ann - love all the swirls and sparkle as well as the beautiful poinsettia - thanks for joining in my CHNC challenge 38 - hope to see you again soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Ann, simply stunning
    Beryl x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning card Ann, that Poinsettia is beautiful so is the scrolls.
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful
    Thank you!
    Your entering our 1000 target this week is very much appreciated

    Mandi
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't wait for the poinsettias to hit the stores! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card, that pointsettia is stunning!

    Thanks for joining us at MAWTT for our 'Sparkle' challenge this week and good luck

    Hugs Laurie x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous Poinsettia
    Thanks for joining us at MAWTT this week for our sparkle challenge
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ann, this is stunning and so elegant! Beautiful poinsettia and the gold swirls are awesome! Thanks for joining us at Bah! Humbug! this week.

    Barb, Guest Designer

    ReplyDelete
  11. Totally beautiful card! I am so sad as your card does not qualify for our challenge prize! The challenge this hour this week is S is 4 Shaped Card Challenge @ ABC Christmas Challenge, and two include Swirls, Spots or Stripes, hope You Can Come and play again soon we have no limit Wed entries, so sorry! its such a darling card too! hugs Samantha

    ReplyDelete

I'm always thrilled to receive your comments, thank you for taking the time to leave them x