Tuesday, 13 September 2011

Seeing Double!


I'm gonna let you into a little secret - just don't tell anyone else, okay? Good - one layer cards TERRIFY me! I'm not kidding, I've only just finished breathing into the paper bag....... I have to confess that I do like me layers! Making this one has stretched me though, and that's a good thing - in fact I could have entered it into our current challenge at CACB, lol!
I've coloured the Faberge Style egg in photoshop and given both some depth and dimension with drop shadows and bevel and embossing. The friendship sentiment and brads were also created in photoshop and are lovely and shiny in real life. I do like how it has turned out, but am still fighting with myself not to add something else to give it physical dimension.
I'm entering it into these challenges:

I don't know whether I'll ever be totally converted to one layer cards but I do like the CAS look, so you never know.........

9 comments:

  1. This is just perfect for the LIM Challenge Ann, love the drop shadow and bevel effects that you have achieved
    Beryl x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bless ya, Ann for joing in with something you dread.
    What lovely images, they look super! So pretty
    Would also look great without the corner spots! More scarey white space lol

    Thank you, good to see you
    mandi
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Ann what a gorgeous card! Really beautiful
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am in AWE of your Photoshop skills just opening up that programme gives me chills!

    Stunning creation and i'm so glad you shared. You should be proud of your wonderful card:-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your technology skills leave me in awe... I could do with a few lessons I think!
    Thanks so much for having a go at your bete noir!
    It's a great card.
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at Alphabet challenge this time, hope to see you again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How beautiful! This image is perfect to paper piece, what a beautiful design against the white background. Thank you so much for joining in on our White After Labor Day challenge at RTB this week!
    ~*Joni RTB DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Simple and Nice. Thanks for MTTC. Good Luck. Hugs
    Nancie

    ReplyDelete

I'm always thrilled to receive your comments, thank you for taking the time to leave them x