Sunday, 18 September 2011

Let's Celebrate!


Good afternoon bloggers, thank you for dropping by today. I've been a busy little bee and this may even be the first post of three today!! This card is for my B-I-L's birthday. He likes his x-box and other stuff like that so this image from Mo Manning is perfect for him. I've even coloured the chair appropriately although the skin tone won't be quite right seeing as he and my sister have just come back from cruising the western mediterranean! The flash has bleached the skin tone out on this anyway, it's slightly darker in real life. I've kept the card very simple - the two bps are from the polished stone collections and the text is computer generated and added to the two brown pieces before printing off. I've used sketch #7 from Sketch 'n' Stash because this fortnight they have given us the freedom to choose any from their past catalogue. I've had the image for a year and only used it once so I think it qualifies for neglected stash!

I'm also entering my card into these challenges:

I'm off now to make hubby a coffee - poor soul is in the process of trying to replace the garage roof but the weather isn't playing at all nice! There's no choice but to get it done before winter sets in though :(
I'll try to get back with the other two I promised but if I don't, I'll do them tomorrow.

8 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Ann,love the design of this and a fabulous image.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card Ann, I am sure your BIL will be thrilled with it
    Beryl x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely fantastic & i can so relate to this image as it reminds me of my eldest boy hehehe...fabbie choice of sketch & Thanks for joining us at Sketch n stash..good luck :D
    hugs and xxx
    Gemma

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous celebration card! This Mo Manning image always cracks me up! And your coloring is just gorgeous!! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Mo's!! Hugs. Pat Frank

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great birthdaycard!
    Thanks for joining us at CFAS!
    Jani x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great card for a guy! I love the gold frame and the way you've placed the sentiment. Thanks for joining us in Mo's 100th Challenge celebration, and good luck in the draw!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great Card! Thanks for joining us at Mo's Challenge!

    LG Elena

    ReplyDelete
  8. fantastic male card great image and I love the papers thanks for joining us at SNS hugs Jill xx

    ReplyDelete

I'm always thrilled to receive your comments, thank you for taking the time to leave them x