Friday, 23 September 2011

Italia!


I'm sure these weeks are speeding up as the year goes by! I can't believe it's a whole fortnight since our last challenge at CACB but another one is here already. This time our theme is Around the World so I have gone to what is probably my favourite country, Italy. I've used Venetian Mask 2 and digitally paper pieced it. Even the shiny bits that you can see are digital papers. After I paper pieced the gold and shiny blue parts (they weren't shiny when I first did it) I played around in photoshop with bevel and embossing and such like which is what made them shiny. It's worth having a play with whatever graphics program you have to see what you can do with it - you may get some pleasant surprises. I created the 3 dp's especially to compliment this mask but they've had a good response from the DT so they could well find their way into collections in the not too distant. I've distressed the edges - something I normally shy away from so goodness only knows why I decided to do it this time! I do like the result though, which could well be a first. The stitching is faux - done with a pokey tool and a promarker and again is something I normally shy away from, I think our last challenge must have got to me, lol! The Italia text is computer generated and the only embellishment is a feather. All in all, I really enjoyed making it and am going to share it with these challenges too:
I hope you'll join us in taking a trip around the world from the comfort of your craft space this fortnight.

5 comments:

  1. Wow I love the awsome colour combo and design. It's not often I see venetian masks on cards, but you've done an awsome job. Thanks for playing at Kaboodle Doodles this week and good luck. Hope to see you back monday for a new challenge. Bettina x

    ReplyDelete
  2. How pretty. And so unique. I love this and the mini mask is adorable. thanks for joining us this week at fab n funky. Good luck.

    Alexis

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous, Ann.
    Such beautiful colours - the mask is just fantaastic!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card. I love the regal colors and elegant look. Thanks for sharing this for our 'Vintage/Distressed' challenge on GingerLoft challenges.
    :) Gale

    ReplyDelete
  5. gorgeous card thanks for sharing with us at Gingerloft, Gaynor DT :)

    ReplyDelete

I'm always thrilled to receive your comments, thank you for taking the time to leave them x