Tuesday, 13 September 2011

It seemed like a good idea....


...at the time - honest, it did! The current challenge at Bah! Humbug! is paper weaving - something I haven't done for ages but always enjoyed. This time I decided to do something a bit different and see if I could do it digitally in photoshop. This is because I'm determined to learn how to use as much of what photoshop has to offer as I can. The end result I am thrilled with, but by 'eck I could've made a couple of dozen in the same time doing it the old fashioned way! I'll be quicker next time I want to do it because I know what I'm doing now - says she more in hope than confidence! All the papers are from Crafty Ann's as is the central topper which is the silver Poinsettia with script and 'embossed' edge from the new Metallics Range (don't forget these are on  bogof until the end of the month). I printed it out twice (cropping it so that I didn't have to waste ink printing what I didn't need) and cut out the poinsettia to layer it up. I've backed this with silver mirri card to give the card a little more oomph - well, it is for Christmas! I've finished it off with some silver glitter peel offs in the two corners and one in the middle of the poinsettia. I'm also entering my card into these challenges:

Thank you for dropping by today.

8 comments:

  1. Great card Ann, love your digital paper weaving, it looks very effective
    Beryl x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another WOW Ann, a real stunner. Cheeky question ....will we be seeing some paper weaving backing papers before long????
    Claire xx (heading to the naughty step)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ann this is absolutely beautiful the paper weaving looks so effective I think the colours look so lovely the silver, white and blue a gorgeous creation,.
    hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Ann, love the blue tones. I've added your card to the inlinkz, it was probably a temporary glitch. Thank you for participating in my challenge. X Fab

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card well done. Hugs x ChrisB

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ann, this is a beautiful card! Silver and blue make a lovely holiday combo. That silver poinsettia is so elegant. Thanks for joining us at Bah! Humbug! this week.

    Barb, Guest Designer

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much for persevering - all the effort was well worth it because your finished card is lovely! Thank you for sharing with us at Bah! Humbug!

    Luv'n'Stuff
    Max
    xx
    Max's Craft Creations
    Bah! Humbug! Challenges DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your woven corners...great touch! :)

    ReplyDelete

I'm always thrilled to receive your comments, thank you for taking the time to leave them x