Friday, 9 September 2011

CACB #49


Another fortnight has rolled around again already and it's time for challenge #49 at Crafty Ann's. This time we want you to make yourself uncomfortable - do something you'd normally shy away from. When I first started this scrapbook page, it was intended for the scallops challenge last month but it ended up taking me well out of my comfort zone and there was only one to put it in!! I've created a digital scrapbook page and had set myself the challenge of doing one without the aid of a dedicated scrapbooking program and creating it solely in a graphics program. The dedicated programs are great because they have different elements and papers already built into them and you can buy others to add to them. You can use any digital papers and elements though and like I have done here, use a graphics progam which is a great way to see if digital scrapbooking is for you before you lay out your hard earned on a specific program. What took me out of my comfort zone was learning how to create the scalloped edges I wanted and once I had mastered that, I had a ball! The new metallics range was created with digital as well as actual scrapbookers and card makers in mind so they were ideal. I've just used gold here because I've been wanting to creating a sepia version of our wedding album ever since I finished the coloured one 4 years ago and I just never seem to find the time and although I'll eventually make a 'real' one, in the meantime I can enjoy creating a digital one.
I've used 3 papers from the 8x8 gold paper pack, and 1 each from the polished stone and embossed hearts earth tones collections.The hearts and winged hearts are from the Gold Embellishments sheet. I put the photo behind the smooth version of frame #2 and one of the great things about a digi is that I could fiddle about with the shape slightly so that it suits the bits of the photo I don't want to lose. I used the textured version of the same frame  to create a plaque for my journalling and as you can see, I've made the size and shape suit the text. I've re-sized and added another two of the hearts to look like heart shaped brads.


Creating this has given me a lot of pleasure so I want to encourage you to step out of your comfort zone too - you never know what it might open up for you! I'm also entering my page into these challenges:

Do pop over and see the inspiration from the rest of the team, they have produced some stunning work despite (or maybe because of?) being uncomfortable, and I hope you'll share your inspiration with us too.

3 comments:

  1. Ann, this is absolutely gorgeous. What a lovely momento of your wedding
    Beryl x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A keepsake to treasure Ann, it's gorgeous. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning page Ann and a beautiful keepsake for you both :) Donna ♥ x

    ReplyDelete

I'm always thrilled to receive your comments, thank you for taking the time to leave them x