Monday, 29 August 2011

Tea? Don't mind if I do!


I'm just about squeezing in with a couple of days to go for the first round of the first progressive challenge on CDAC. There are a whole lot of great entries so far. For each round we get 4 images to play with but because I've only had time to make one card, I haven't had time to use them all. I did manage to combine two on this one card though! I've used Chef by Jenlee for Digistamps 4 Joy and Tea pot and cup by Sandi Huggett. I chose my colour scheme by choosing my papers first and I love turquoise and various shades of. I know you don't usually get fuchsias in these two shades but I had a fancy for a monochromatic look - you'll be pleased to see that I was a bit more traditional with the cakes though! The I've given each layer a gold mirri mat and embellished with home made 'card candy' made from the same mirri. The text is computer generated and printed directly onto the main dp.
I'm also entering my card into these challenges:

Thank you for dropping by today, I hope you are having a good one.


13 comments:

  1. Such a pretty card, love how you have done it, saw this sketch and love it too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card. I love the design and the layout. Thanks for joining the Heart Song challenge this week. Hope to see you again next week.
    Debbie HSI DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this card! Delightful design and great colors. Thanks for playing along at Heart Song Inspirations this week. Hope to see you again each week. (PS Since I'm also on the DT for Katie, I think your "tea" is wet enough! Of course, I had to use the word 'water' in my sentiment to get anything wet on my card! lol)
    NanaConnie HSI DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card, Ann! I love the turquoise and the gold mirror mats! You chose great images and the design is terrific! Thanks for joining us at Card Patterns this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful card Ann! I love the rich color and the raised diamonds and image are beautiful. So glad that you joined us at HSI this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the card Ann! The colors are lovely and the layout is fabulous. Thanks for joining us at HSI!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Clever take on the challenge! Love the colors too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your card, thanks for joining us at Cooking it up this week

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card, Thank you for cooking it up with Katie this week :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card! Thank you so much for playing the CDAC PROGRESSIVE CHALLENGE ~ Ruza, CDAC Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  11. Not cheeky at all, of course it fits!!
    Super card and thanks for Cooking It Up With Me this week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is absolutely lovely. You've created wonderful shapes that work so perfectly together not mention how great the color scheme works and flows! Thanks for joining us at CDAC Progressive Challenge and hope you'll join us again in the next round.

    Shelby

    ReplyDelete

I'm always thrilled to receive your comments, thank you for taking the time to leave them x