Friday, 12 August 2011

A Pearl......Or Two!


I think I need to start this post off with an apology for the quality of the pics! The light was awful and seeing as I have a light box and a daylight bulb, I think we'll just leave my photography skills out of it!!! lol!

This card is for my brother and s-i-l who are celebrating their pearl wedding anniversary on monday. It's also my sample card for CACB where our theme is Scallops and/or Fancy Borders. I've started off with a scalloped 8x8 base card and then kind of gone to town with the new Metallics Range  from Crafty Ann's and just launched this week. To celebrate the launch of this new range, they are on special offer of buy one, get one free - so make sure you don't miss out.

My main dp is from the silver collection - these papers are 8x8 so I shrank it slightly before printing so that it would look right against the scallops. I laid the Morning Glory (using the hybrid version so that I still had white areas for colouring in) onto another of the papers from the same collection and also used the same one for the sentiment plaque that I put behind the smooth version of silver frame #2 and altered it's size and shape to suit the text (this is one of the things I love digis for!)


The white panels in the opposite corners have been dry embossed for extra texture and I've mounted the Morning Glory panel onto a mat that I cut with the robo. My embellishments are the lovely Marianne Designs flourish, 3 of the silver 3D short petal flowers from the Metallics Range and lots of pearls.


Even though I was to the wire time wise, I still really enjoyed making this and it came together how I hoped it would so I'm really pleased with it. I suppose I'd better nip out and get it in the post now - but before I do, I'm entering it into these challenges:
  • Incy Wincy - something old, something new. (My old is the pearls because as soon as I have opened my last packet, I go and buy two more so I've had them for a bit and my flourish die. The new is all the metallics stuff)
  • Papertake Weekly - Grow Your Own. Use flowers that you have made yourself - although I printed these flowers off, I cut them out and shaped them by hand to two layers
  • The Sisterhood of Crafters - Anniversary
  • The Pixie Cottage - I've used both the sketch and the theme of say it with flowers
  • Cooking it up with Katie - Emboss A Summer Punch (embossing, summer and punches or die cuts)
  • Cute Card Thursday - Clean and Simple
  • Fussy and Fancy Friday - Use a lot (3 or more of your favourite embellishment. I've used 3 flowers and lots of pearls.)
Thank you for visiting today, I do hope you'll get chance to join us at Crafty Ann's but be sure to pop over and check out the wonderful samples from the rest of the DT and welcome our newest designer, the lovely Leesa (aka The Navy Wife).




14 comments:

  1. This is absolutely stunning Ann, your new metallic range is wonderful
    Beryl x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Ann and love the flower images and your colouring is beautiful,perfect design.
    Hugs Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely beautiful Ann!! Love how the purple pansies just POP on the front! Great job!
    Thanks for joining our 'Anniversary' challenge at The Sisterhood! We hope you'll join us again real soon!

    Darlene
    One of the "Sistahs"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card fab colours and great flowers. Thanks for joining us at papertake weekly
    Angie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous, gorgeous card.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Anne such a beautiful and elegant card I love those gorgeous flowers and all the other pretty elements. Im sure you brother will love it! Thanks for sharing with us at The Pixie Cottage :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh this is gorgeous! I love all the detail. Thanks for joining us at The Sisterhood of Crafters. : )

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is absolutely fantastic, Ann.
    Your new metallic BP and flowers look stunning and the whole design is gorgeous
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. A beautifully designed card that's so effective! Thank you for playing along with us at Fussy and Fancy this time!
    Diane x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful and elegant card. Thanks for joining us at Fussy and Fancy, and good luck. Lisbeth K

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card Ann, love the flowers and the image I am sure it will be much appreciated by your brother and s-i-l.

    Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great card thanks for joining us this week at Incy Wincy.
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stunning card! I'm in love with the colors, the flowers and....oh the whole darn thing =)

    Thanks for playing along with the Sisterhood of Crafters Anniversay challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow, what a thrilling and stunning effect!

    your card is a wonderful piece of art!

    LOVE IT!!!

    hugs and kisses from germany,
    silvi xoxo

    ReplyDelete

I'm always thrilled to receive your comments, thank you for taking the time to leave them x