Friday, 26 August 2011

It'll be all white on the night!


Well I'm so far behind today that'll it'll be tomorrow before I get this posted if I don't get a move on!! It's time for Challenge #48 at CACB and this time our theme is: It'll be all white on the night! The only colour should be on the main image. I've become rather fond of WOW backgrounds so really enjoyed making this. My topper has been created using the textured gold frame #3 (which isn't as dark as this in real life) that I've digitally paper pieced a piece of mottled stone paper (from collection 5) into. The butterfly is brand new and will be going into the shop today with some other new digis. The butterfly sheet has 3 of the same image on it - there is the usual black and white line art, a gold embossed outline effect and a sliver embosses outline effect. I've used the gold embossed outline here and digitally paper pieced it with various papers. All are from Crafty Ann's. I've sussed out another way of digital paper piecing that is easier and quicker so I'll do a tut on that as soon as I get the chance. I cut the butterfly out and shaped the wings before adding it with pinflair gel glue so it has lovely dimension to it. I've used a pearlescent white paper to create the backing for my topper. I used a corner punch without the guides to create the two edges and put the whole thing through a papermania embossing folder and added the pearls after I'd attached it to the card. The only other embellishments are the lovely Marianne Designs flourishes top and bottom.

I'm also entering my card into these challenges:

Thank you for dropping by today, and I hope you'll get the chance to come along and WOW us this fortnight.


11 comments:

  1. Fantastic Ann, you make this look easy! Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Ann. Very dramatic topper which really catches the eye.

    Edna x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant card Ann, love your new butterfly
    Beryl x

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW what a beautiful card. The butterfly is so vibrant. Thanks for joining the Heart Song Challenge this week. Good Luck.
    Debbie HSI DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card, thanks for joining us at TPS
    Hugs Debs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a pretty card!! Love, love, love the butterfly!! Thanks for joining in the fun at Card Patterns this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a pretty card Ann,love the butterfly.

    Thanks for sharing with us at OLL.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card! Love all the color on the butterfly and the gorgeous white on white. Perfect card for pearls. Thanks for playing along at Heart Song this week. Hope we'll see you playing with us often. Great inspiration n this card!
    NanaConnie HSI DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. CONGRATULATIONS on winning at Heart Song last week! Don't forget to e-mail Leah (check the blog site) and get your prize.
    NanaConnie HSI DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card Ann :-) the butterfly is stunning and I love the topper shape ,,, very clever use of computer, I wouldn't know where to start !

    thanks for joining us on the Papertake Weekly Challenge :-)
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful Shabby Chic card! Thanks for joining us at Heart Song Inspirations this week!
    Hugs, Shannah (HSI DT)

    ReplyDelete

I'm always thrilled to receive your comments, thank you for taking the time to leave them x