Saturday, 20 August 2011

Donald Where's Yer Troosers!


In case you're wondering about the title, this song pops into my head every time I use this image, lol! The card is for my nephew's birthday and I thoroughly enjoyed making it. I've used 3 dps from Crafty Ann's. The tartan is from Collection 1 and I created a torn edge look digitally and printed it directly onto the base card. The other two papers are #4 from the gold collection in the Metallics range and the red polished stone from the brights collection. I created a torn edge look for the horizontal red strip and laid it onto the gold piece before printing. All the gold strips and the red panel I laid out on an A4 sheet in word so that I could get them the right size to cut out. The red panel behind the image is the same paper and I've lightly distressed the edges. The image is Fit As A Fiddle and I've coloured it with a mix of digital paper piecing and colouring. Apart from the tartan for the kilt and the tam o'shanter, I also used a piece of the woodgrain for the violin and added some highlights to it.
The sentiment is part of the FAAF sheet and says"kick up your heels, it's your birthday!" I overlaid the sentiment onto a piece of the gold dp and put the gold frame #2 over this to make a little plaque, adjusting the frame to suit the sentiment. The frame, image and home made 'card candy' have all been added with 3D foam to give dimension.
My thanks to the following challenges for inspiration:
Thank you for stopping by today, hope you have a great weekend.




17 comments:

  1. Hi Ann...that's brilThanks for joining us at Rainbow Lady.liant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hee hee! This is a great card, Ann.
    The tartan and gold looks so good together.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great Ann, I'm sure it will be a big hit. Thanks for joining us at Rainbow Lady's this week.
    Jenny xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an appropriate saying for the image! Thanks for sharing your great card with us at Tuesday Throwdown.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous Ann....!

    thanks for joining us at SnS....and good luck...!

    hugs Vicky xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card and love your choice of song. Thanks for singing with me this week
    Love Cynthia x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous card Ann, I am sure your nephew will love it
    Beryl x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card & Thanks for joining us at Sketch n Stash :D
    hugs and xxx
    Gemma

    ReplyDelete
  9. fabulous card, loving the tartan

    Thank you for using my sketch and for joining us at SnS

    sue
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great card; I'm sure your nephew will love it. I really like the gold and tartan combo!
    Thanks for joining us at The Pixie Cottage this week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOL now that I've stopped laughing!!!!! Fab card good luck in the draw. Love Elizabeth x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Brilliant Ann, great card and so perfect for your song. Still grinning.
    Jen x

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fabulous creation! Your image is so creative and fun. Love the DSP.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, that title made me laugh! So fantastic and the card is definitely awesome too!
    Thank you for joining us at the Inky Impressions Challenge Blog!
    Have a fantastic day!
    Hugs,
    Michaela

    ReplyDelete
  15. How cute is that. I am sure my Scottish grandmother would be LOL at the moment if she could see it. Thank you for joining us at Paper Playtime this week.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Now I'm singing it too lol,,,, fabby card- thanks for playing with the inkettes x x

    ReplyDelete

I'm always thrilled to receive your comments, thank you for taking the time to leave them x