Friday, 1 July 2011

Sending You Hugs



Good friday morning bloggers! It's time for a new challenge at CACB and this time the theme is Get well/Thinking of you/Just because. It's lovely to be able to send someone a hand made card or gift when they need a lift and the fact that you were thinking of them when you made it and took the time and trouble to do so means it can carry with it a wealth of love and healing so I really enjoyed making this one - although I'd much rather it wasn't necessary.

My dp is from Funky Collection 1 and is the first time I've used it but it won't be the last! The image is the Peacock Fan and I've coloured this digitally in photoshop. The mat it's on and the sentiment.......label (I don't know what to call it so if you have any suggestions, don't be shy about leaving them!), I created using the silhouette software and cut them with the robo. I'm particuarly happy with the main mat - I cut out some circles to go in the centres and went round the very edges (with a foam mat underneath) to shape them but when I laid them in place it didn't all look quite right so I decided to try putting the mat through a swirls cuttlebug folder before adding the shaped circles and it transformed the whole look! The sentiment label is raised in the middle and the two fancy pieces glued to the card which also adds extra interest. The sentiment itself is from a papermania clear set that I got ages ago. The partial border on the right hand side was created from the waste pieces from the sentiment label - I had cut more than one as a "just in case". Tiny pearls in the gap at the bottom stop them from looking like waste and using them helps to tie the whole design together. More pearls adorn the other two corners to complete it.

I'm also entering my card into these challenges with thanks for the inspiration:

  • Kaboodle Doodle - Going in circles
  • Top Tip Tuesday - Things beginning with "T" (Turquoise and if it isn't pushing it too much - tail feathers)
  • Ai Factory - Embellish it. My favourite embellishment is probably pearls, they can transform a card.
  • Truly Scrumptious - Things with wings
  • The Paper Shelter - Anything Goes
  • My Mum's Craft Shop - something old, something new (the image is new and the dp is old)
  • PIO - Going round in circles and at least one other challenge.
Thank you for visiting today and I hope you'll get chance to join in with us this fortnight.


12 comments:

  1. Beautiful card! I just love the colors you used.


    --Cheryl--
    Stop by my blog to check out my blog candy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card love itThanks for joining us at TPS, good luck with the Challenge. hugs Shirleyxxxx, gorgeous coloured to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. a beautiful card. Thanks for joining Top Tip Tuesday. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  4. a wonderful card!

    hugs and kisses from germany,
    silvi xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful cards...such cute images...thanks for joining us this week at TPS…..

    Hugs
    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your card Ann, the colours are so vibrant. Thanks for joining in with the T challenge at Top Tip Tuesday.

    Annette xx
    I design for StampFairy, One Stop Craft Challenge, Incy Wincy Challenge, 2 Sisters Challenge, Top Tip Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  7. A gorgeous card, beautiful colours, very elegant!
    Thanks for joining us at Truly Scrumptious.
    hugs, Marlies

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card,love the colours...Thanks for sharing with us at Truly Scrumptious...
    Mandy x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow beautiful card. Love the peacocks. Thanks for playing at Top Tip Tuesday this week. Bettina

    ReplyDelete
  10. a beautiful card. I love that background! thanks for joining our embellishment challenge at AiFactory this week.
    Tammy DT Lead

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a gorgeous card! Thanks for joining the challenge this week at The Paper Shelter! Hugz, Cheryl

    ReplyDelete

I'm always thrilled to receive your comments, thank you for taking the time to leave them x