Friday, 29 July 2011

CACB #46 and a sneaky peek


It's Friday and time for the next challenge at CACB - geez but these fortnights are coming round at an alarming rate! This time our theme is Summertime.......and the living is easy....


I know I'd love my easy living summertime to be somewhere like this and I'd love a souvenir like this egg to bring back home too. :) I've used the Faberge Style Egg, Tropical Beach digi. One of my favourite ways of colouring scenes is to use lots of layers of ink and sponging it onto the image from the edges inwards starting with the palest colour and finishing with black. On this occasion I decided to see if I could replicate this look when colouring digitally and I'm really pleased with the result. I found I got the best results using the spray can setting. The dps and flowers are a sneaky peak of the some of the metallics collection coming to Crafty Ann's very soon so look out for them and a special offer when they hit the shop. Although the daisies come with leaves, I decided to use a Marianne's designs swirl in the same gold mirri card backing the narrow strips.

I'd also like to share a tip with you - when you are using digi products, whether they are bps or images, you can design your card in a graphics program or MS Word so that you only print out what you need and can see whether it is going to look how you want it to before you start. It saves on ink, paper and mistakes.


The picture on the left shows the card as I designed it with the elements to be printed  and the picture on the right shows them all separated out and ready for printing. I made a 6x6 card and got all the elements out of 1 A4 sheet of rather nice silk finish card stock and not one drop of wasted ink. You can still use this method with an uncoloured image of course.

I'm entering my card into these challenges too:

Thank you all for dropping by today and I hope you'll get the chance to join us this fortnight.


11 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous Ann, must try the spray gun technique. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab card, it's stunning, thanks for joining us at CFAS xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning card Ann, I love it
    Beryl x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card!
    Thanks for joining us at CFAS!
    Jani x

    ReplyDelete
  5. wonderful card, lovely papers and details.
    Thanks for joining us at Sketch saturday this week.
    Hugs, Bente

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! What a fabulous card and the colors and sense of dimension are just outstanding. Thank you for sharing your creativity at Pile it On this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning card Ann. Thanks for joining us over at CCC, good luck.

    Elke XX

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a stunning image - fantastic colours!

    Thanks for joining in with our 'Make it Girlie' challenge over at Top Tip Tuesday this week - and Thanks so much for sharing your Tip Tip on printing with us - definitely worth following :)

    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Terrific images used on this, great Girly card and I love the marble egg! Very cute! Thanks for joining us at Top Tip Tuesday, good luck and be sure to join us again tomorrow!

    You're invited to join in on my 6 month Candy till 8-30!
    Hugs
    Tammy Louise

    ReplyDelete
  10. a fantastic and very noble card!

    hugs and kisses from germany,
    silvi xoxo

    ReplyDelete

I'm always thrilled to receive your comments, thank you for taking the time to leave them x