Tuesday, 14 June 2011

"Whateva!"


Eeee - but I enjoyed making this! I actually won this Kenny K digi about 6 months ago but haven't got around to using it until now. The prompt came from this week's Bah! Humbug! The challenge is called "whateva" and we're to think teenagers. As soon as I saw this challenge I knew what I was going to use and I think she's perfect. I've coloured her in photoshop using my bamboo. I always take a lot longer colouring this way but I do enjoy it and progress a bit more each time. I don't think the photo shows it but I've used crystal glitter on all the 'fur' areas. I've framed her with one of the tags/labels I'm working on and managed to make it look like a 3D frame. The swirls are a marianne die and the flower is the 3D Short petal flower from Crafty Ann's, printed onto white pearlescent paper with gold stickes added to the middle. The red dp is the embossed dots from the brights collection and the white pearlescent strips were put through a Docrafts border embossing folder. The sentiment is from a See D's set and stamped onto another of the label/tags (elongated and squished slightly - love digis for this sort of thing). I've edged this with stickles and added a red pearl at each end.
I'm also entering my card into these challenges:
Thank you for dropping by today and for the lovely comments you leave.

13 comments:

  1. Ann this is just fabulous - Love everything about it. The flower - the swirls the labels - it all goes together perfectly.
    and of course we hadn't forgotten you at Bah! Humbug! good to see you again especially with a pearla of a card like this one.
    Ann xxx
    Bah! Humbug! DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ann, this is gorgeous, beautifully coloured and the swirl and flower are fab. Thanks for joining us at Bah Humbug this week.
    Hugs
    Christine xx
    Bah Humbug Guest DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card Ann, love the look of your new labels/tags
    Beryl x

    ReplyDelete
  4. So Love your card, everything is just perfect.
    Carole x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it Ann. Super image and lovely lo and embellies.

    Edna x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Ann, this is just fabulous! Great how you've colored her with photoshop. Never tried it, but it looks gorgeous! Thanks for joining KKKG this week!

    Hugs,
    Renata

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card Ann, super image and love the layout.

    Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. fab card, love the image, Thanks for sharing it with us at Bah Humbug this week. Hugs Wendy GDT x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great work! I wish she'd stop here to drop off some of the gifts!

    ReplyDelete
  10. As if we could ever forget you Ann lol!
    This is a real eyecatcher and spot on for a teenager. Thank you for sharing with us at Bah! Humbug!

    Luv'n'Stuff
    Max
    xx
    Max's Craft Creations
    Bah! Humbug! Challenges DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a beautiful card.. Thanks for joining us at KKKG this week.. Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your card! The colors and image are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Ann, Love this card!!! All that red; wow super fun!

    Thanks for visitning my blog and for your sweet comment :0)

    Janette
    http://lajanette.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I'm always thrilled to receive your comments, thank you for taking the time to leave them x