Friday, 24 June 2011

Walkies!


Good afternoon bloggers, my card today is for a forum card swap so I hope my partner doesn't pay me a visit before she receives it. I've used Daschsie  from Crafty Ann's and coloured him in photoshop. I've added a ball for him to play with from the A Safe Pair of Hands set.  My bp is from my stash and came with a graphicus guild paper pack a couple of years ago. I have a drawer full of these and have decided that it's time to stop stroking and start using!! Then I went a bit mad with the gold mirri........... I've cut the main image out with a nesties die then drew around the same one onto the back of the gold mirri to create a mat for it that only has a narrow border - I find that I don't always get the result I want if I use the next size up. I printed the 3D short petal  flower onto the back gold mirri before cutting it out and shaping it. Then I have to thank forum friend Mags for giving my robo a new lease of life! Thanks to her, I learned that the Silhouette Studio software is compatible with the robo so I downloaded it to give it a go and have created some lovely mats and borders with it over the last few days Including the one you see here with the embossed bird and grasses panel. This panel is separate and added on top because originally I had a piece of paper in the centre of it but decided I didn't like it and decided to put an embossed panel on top. The inner circles are home made mirri card candy and finish the panel off beautifully in real life. The leaves that I've put with the flower were also cut out using the robo and are part of the library that comes free with the software. The ribbon is narrow white satin that I cut out of a new t shirt (the loops that keep it on the hanger in the shop and get in the way when you are wearing it!) All in all, I've really enjoyed how the creative process has evolved as I've gone along with this one and I hope it gives my partner as much pleasure as making it has given me.

I'm entering my card into these challenges:
Thank you for dropping by today, it's always lovely to have you visit. :o)


14 comments:

  1. Great card Ann, your swap partner will be thrilled with this. I found out at the SECC about the Silhouette working with the Robo, but still haven't got around to downloading it yet. The guy told me that it is much more user friendly
    Beryl x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely card. He is a cute little fellow. Thanks for joining Top Tip Tuesday. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a cute card! I love the little puppy! I linked over from Top Tip Tuesday where I've also linked.

    Hugs, antonella :-)
    http://quilling.blogspot.com/2011/05/wacky-wednesday-hug-card.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. You certainly do have a spirit of creativity! Amazing details about your adorable card..I must say, you taught me a lot and the fact that you "recycled" straps from a shirt...genius!! :)
    Thank you so much for playing with us at Top Tip Tuesday for our Cross It challenge!
    Hugs n' Happy Stamping...
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a really sweet card Ann! And I have to say thanks for the tip about the Silhouette software...I shall be going for a peek at that for sure! And I love that you make your own card candy and that you too use the ribbon from inside clothing...I save them all the time! :)

    Thanks for joining us at Crafting For All Seasons this week! :)
    Lizy DT x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fab card and so many Top Tips too! If you join in with us next week you'll have to ensure you add (TIP) next to your name in Mr Linky then you'll be in the running for more prizes!

    Thanks for joining us this week over at Top Tip Tuesday for our 'Cross It' challenge :)

    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Guess who is he lucky recipient of this beautiful card, YES, it's me.
    It is so much nicer in 'real life', thanks Ann it has pride of place in my craft room.
    Thanks for posting how you made it and for your top tips.
    Hugs
    Christine xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your card. thanks for joining us at Truly Scrumptious

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, this is gorgeous! Thanks for sharing your fabulous card with us at The Pixie Cottage! Hugs, Karen

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a gorgeous card, beautiful golden details!
    Thanks for joining us at Truly Scrumptious.
    hugs, Marlies

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super card Ann, great use of the ribbon.

    Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a cute, shiny card, thank you for joining us this time at Crafty Creations. Hugs Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Amazing card!
    Thanks for playing in The Pixie Cottage this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this card, thank you for playing along at SMC this week

    ReplyDelete

I'm always thrilled to receive your comments, thank you for taking the time to leave them x