Friday, 3 June 2011

Something A Bit Special!

I'm sharing this blog post with two rather special and talented people. At the beginning of May there was some activity in our family that we could all have done without when my 10 year old nephew and neice were involved in a riding accident. I blogged about it here so won't repeat it all again now, but as both of them are keen card makers, I hit on the idea of making a card kit for each of them to make their own Get Well cards! Both have done a fabulous job - and as they fit the criteria for our challenge at CACB which is to use more than one image, they have joined us at GDs. I'll share their cards first:


Zoe's card has used the Easy chair from Crafty Ann's and Video Girl from Mo Manning. All the card & bps were from my stash. We are entering Zoe's card into these challenges too:


Jamie's card used A Safe Pair of Hands from Crafty Ann's and card and bps from my stash. This digi set is being sold to raise funds for the Great North Air Ambulance and as they airlifted Jamie to hospital this is our way to say a huge thank you. Now, I may be just a tad biased, but I think these are two very talented 10yr olds - and Jamie effectively only had the use of one arm when he coloured this! We are also entering Jamie's card into these challenges:

Okay - now I have to try and follow these!! We sometimes get inspiration from unexpected quarters and the inspiration for my card came from this year's RHS Chelsea Flower Show! I was very taken with a garden called "The Art of Yorkshire" in the small gardens category and the combination of images that I used just took shape in my mind's eye. It was a lovely garden and to me, it deserved better than the silver medal it was awarded by the judges - it did win the people's choice award though so obviously others agreed with me.



I've used Bridge Over Stream and a couple of images from In the Artists Studio - both from Crafty Ann's and which I've coloured digitally. The main bp is from Embossed Dots, pastels collection. The 'lace' is a rubber stamp that I've had for ages and I stamped it onto silver paper and embossed with silver detail ep. I put the two pieces of pearlescent white paper through an embossing folder for extra texture. This is one of those cards that I really enjoyed making because of the way it came together - when I get such a clear idea in my mind's eye, it doesn't always translate!
I'm also entering my card into these challenges:
Thank you for dropping by today and I hope you'll get the chance to come and play along with us at Crafty Ann's this fortnight.

12 comments:

  1. Excellent card! How did you do it? Tutorial perhaps?

    Janet xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The kids cards are great Ann and yours isn't too bad either!! Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great collection of cards, love the safe pair of hands! Thanks for sharing at Do It With Digis. Woo x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow fab cards all round - very talented 10 year olds!! thanks for joining the Divas at Do it with Digis
    Hugs
    Lynne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. gorgeous cards Ann love the image so different the kids cards are fab I totally agree very talented thanks for joining us at sketch n stash hugs Jill xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just so gorgeous Ann...and I love the stunning image hun...

    thanks for joining us st sketch n stash...and good luck!

    hugs Vicky xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for joining in the fun at Paper Crafting Journey!

    Laura (sandytoz)
    PCJ DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your niece and nephew have made a wonderful job of their cards. Yours is absolutely stunning
    Beryl x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Zoe! What a great card. It is never too early to get started in crafting. Thanks for joining us at PCJ this week.

    Hugs -- Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  10. So many lovely creations here!! I adore the shine metallic strip on the top card...this reminds me of my boys for sure!! :) Thanks for sharing all of this inspiration! Such lovely creations! Thanks so much for joining us at the Inky Impressions Challenges!! Smiles, *Vicki* - Sr. Inkette DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card....Thanks for playing with us at Going Grey with Scrap-Creations this week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great cards Ann, congrats to the twins. All three would make to three.
    hugs jen x

    ReplyDelete

I'm always thrilled to receive your comments, thank you for taking the time to leave them x