Friday, 17 June 2011

CACB #43



Puff! puff! pant! pant! I'm meeting myself coming back again today so I'm a little late getting my post up! It's time for Challenge #43 at Crafty Ann's and this time it's Christmas in June - simple as that so it's a great opportunity to top up your stock of cards or do something ready to decorate your home with.

I love to decorate the house for Christmas (some of you may remember that last year it went to the extent of making a cover for the tissue box) and have decided to go down that route for my DT sample. I love the range of things that are available for us to decorate our homes with at Christmas time but I also like to have some hand made things too.

I have specifically made this as a decoration for us, but I originally designed this as a card and the instructions for making the basic gatefold card with recessed frame is here. You can fill this with anything you like and it's great for housing decoupage. I've used the pre-coloured poinsettias and 3D small peteal flower which I printed onto the back of some gold mirri card. Both are done to 3 layers with plenty of height between the layers. The flourishes are a mariannes die. I've used another of the mariannes dies on the front along with one of the pre-coloured poinsettia faberge eggs which I shaped and added with 3D foam. This image is only one of 6 colourways and you get all six on the one sheet. Of course the great thing about digi stamps is that you can make them whatever size you want. All the white bp is pearlescent paper stamped with a solid poinsettia stamp that I've had for ages and embossed with sprinkle & sparkle guilded ivory embossing powder.
I'm not entirely sure that it's finished yet but I've plenty of time to think on it!!

I'd like to offer you two tips at this point: 1. if you are planning to do something a bit more time consuming than usual and need to do it to a deadline, DON'T leave it to the last minute!!!!! 2. if there is something that you know you'll use a lot (I do with these poinsettias and 3D flowers) print (or stamp)  a full sheet off and cut them out while you're watching your favourite TV programme then you'll have them to hand should you fail to follow the first tip! I plan to use this second one myself very soon!! lol!

My card is also for these challenges:
Well that's it I think! Thank you for dropping by today and I hope you'll get the chance to play along this fortnight.

12 comments:

  1. Wow what a gorgeous christmas card:) Love the colours:) Thanks for playing at Top Tip tuesday this week. Bettina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful. And then the inside... it really is like flower bouquet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. totally gorgeous, love all the detail thank you for sharing your lovely work with us at the Winter Wonderland
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card, the inside is fabulous.
    Jen x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous Ann, it looks so opulent. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful Christmas card and the inside is spectacular. Well craftd!! Thanks for joining the challenge at Lexi's Creations this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great flowery Christmas card, its really gorgeous! Thanks for playing along at Kaboodle Doodles this week. Jill

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous Ann. Sorry I haven't been around. I have had more family illness and bereavement again.

    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic Christmas card. The outside is stunning, then the inside... just WOW!
    Thanks for playing at Kaboodle Doodles and good luck.
    Farrah

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning card Ann, absolutely beautiful
    Beryl x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous card Ann, gorgeous Poinsettia, love the inside too. Thanks for joining in our challenge at MTTC this week.

    Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is fabulously stunning, Ann and the inside is lush - LOVE it
    x

    ReplyDelete

I'm always thrilled to receive your comments, thank you for taking the time to leave them x