Saturday, 28 May 2011

Ebony & Ivory


Good morning fellow bloggers, I want to share something that's a little bit different for me today. This card is to fit an ebony and ivory theme for a swap. I've had this stamp for quite a while and it's the first time I've used it. I've quite often done sepia toned pictures and this time decided to give the black and white look a go. I stamped the Sweet Pea image with tuxedo black ink and coloured it with all five of the cool grey promarkers and a spot of black. I've highlighted parts of the image with stickles although this doesn't show up too well in the pic. Then cut it out with a nesties labels 4. The large bp is from the black & white collection from Crafty Ann's. To embellish I've used black satin ribbon, black & white punched daisies and black and white pearls.
The challenges that inspired me for this one are:
Thank you for dropping by today and I hope you have a great weekend.

14 comments:

  1. Love the image you've used and your colouring is fab! Thanks for joining our challenge at pfp:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ann. It can be rather difficult to colour a tonal image but you have done it beautifully. Great card. Thanks for joining us at I ♥ Promarkers.
    Tine :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ann, your card is stunning. Hugs Rita xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful, Ann. Very clever colouring with the grey tones - I love your B&W theme.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning Ann, love Sweet Pea stamps and ou have done a great job on this one. Lucky swap partner.

    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning card Ann, I am sure your swap partner was thrilled
    Beryl x

    ReplyDelete
  7. fantastic card ann.gorgeous image and i love your stunning black and white colouring.
    thanks for joining us this week at PFP :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful Ann. Sorry not been around but I have just lost my Dad 10th May. Was still trying to get over losing Mum last year.

    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, this is so gorgeous! :) I love this image, and she looks amazing in monochrome!

    Super-stunning creation, and very inspirational.

    Thanks so much for joining us at I ♥ Promarkers this week,

    hugs

    xxalisonxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. A fab card Ann :0)..thanks for joining us at PFP and good luck!!..hugs Debs x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Ann, what a gorgeous card. I love the image and colours you've used. Thanks for joining us at PFP this week. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well done on achieving so much shading and depths of colour on your monochrome card with the PM greys. I love monochrome and you did a great job with this one. Thanks for joining us on I ♥ Promarkers this week.
    hugs
    wynneth
    x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Uhooi,,
    Waw,, This card is very nice, beautiful and creative,,

    Uhooi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous card Ann. Great colouring of the stamp.
    Jen x

    ReplyDelete

I'm always thrilled to receive your comments, thank you for taking the time to leave them x