Friday, 20 May 2011

CACB Challenge #41

 

Well another fortnight has zoomed by already and it's time for Challenge #41 at CACB. This time our theme is Oriental. I love doing oriental cards but seem to have got into the habit of using lilac for them - must move out of my comfort zone for the next one!!!  I've gone for a more muted look with this one. I've used polished stone for the two bps and created a bp from the polished stone and the coloured lanterns for the lower strip. The digi stamps that I've used are: blossom kimono, blank lantern (I've added the Happy Birthday text before printing it) and one of the cherry blossom branches. My colouring is mostly digital along with promarkers. I cut the kimono out with a nesties label 4 and have edged this and two of the bps with stickles. I've also added some tiny drops of gold stickles to the centres of the blossoms on the branch but the photo doesn't show this. I've finished it with 3 'brads' made from a scrap of the darker bp.

I'm also entering my card into these challenges:
Thank you for dropping by today and I do hope you get the chance to join us for this one.

15 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Ann and lilac is my favourite colour. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab card Ann, so pretty thank you for joining us at CFAS xx Jan DT member

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful, Ann. These three images go so well together and the lovely delicate colours are perfect with the cherry blossom.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Ann, I love the kimono
    Beryl x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Ann, Gorgeous card and love the cherry blossom:)
    Thanks so much for joining us GingerLoft Challenges:)
    Hope to see you again.
    Huggs
    Lynn xx (DT Member)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! I like the Lilac color, find it very soothing. Thank you for joining us at Crafting for all Seasons.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is fantastic Ann. You've captured the Oriental feel perfectly.
    Thanks for playing at Kaboodle Doodles and good luck!
    Farrah

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card Ann! Great color choices. Thanks for joining us for our Tic, Tac, Toe challenge on Kaboodle Doodles. ~chris

    ReplyDelete
  9. SO pretty! Love the soft oriental feel!
    Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes this week!

    Hugs,
    Alica ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I love the asian theme. Thanks so much for playing at Gingerloft

    ReplyDelete
  11. This looks wonderful!
    The colours are beautiful. Thanks for playing with us at Gingerloft.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous. Love the lilac theme myself! Good luck with our challenge at Gingerloft this fortnight. Nikki DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is beautiful, gorgeous images and the colours are very calming! Thanks for joining in with the Truly Scrumptious Challenge!

    Love Beth xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great card! I love images you have used and that the colours matches so perfect!
    Thanks for joining CFAS this week!
    Hugs Gry

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for sharing such a beautiful card. I love Oriental cards and yours is stunning.

    ReplyDelete

I'm always thrilled to receive your comments, thank you for taking the time to leave them x