Monday, 11 April 2011

Tropical Paradise!

 

This card was inspired by several challenges and I really enjoyed making it. The tropical beach FSE, has been entirely coloured using digital paper piecing. There is a tutorial on how to do this here. The papers I used to do this are:
  • funky collection no:2, paper 10
  • woodgrain effect, earth tones collection, papers 1, 4 & 6
  • polished stone pastels #1
  • polished stone brights #6
I've used the same funky collection paper as my main dp too. I've used some lovely white pearlescent paper for edged with a fiskars edge punch and the punched daisies have been punched from the same paper. The greeting is a See D's stamp embossed with white detail ep and embellished with a home made 'brad' and diamante gems. A satin ribbon that started off white and was coloured with cyan promarker finish it off.
I'm entering my card into these challenges (thank you for the inspiration) :
Thank you for dropping by today, but I'm afraid I've got to cut and run now - I've just had a rather exciting delivery! More about that another time............... :D

8 comments:

  1. wow your card is stunning, such a clever design and so pretty!
    Many thanks for joining in the Cute Card Thursday Challenge!
    Happy Crafting, Debxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A wonderful card, excellent take on the sketch. A very clever use of paper piecing. Thanks for joining in with us at Truly Scrumptious.
    Hugs Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your design is Fabulous Ann, and has made a beautiful card. Hugs Rita xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. great card thta's very smart and original
    thanks for joining us at the pixie cottage
    hugs
    Sadia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card!
    Thanks for playing in The Pixie Cottage :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just amazing. I love what you have done with all the digital papers. Such a clean and elegant looking card. Thanks for playing along with us at Pile It On this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love this so different,Thanks for joining us at GingerLoft Challenges Lynnm

    ReplyDelete

I'm always thrilled to receive your comments, thank you for taking the time to leave them x