Tuesday, 26 April 2011

An Old Favourite

 

The challenge at Bah! Humbug! this week has caused me to re-visit an old favourite. The theme of the challenge is the great man himself - Santa Claus or Father Christmas. Like most people, I have umpteen stamps and images of Santa, but this one from Joanna Sheen's Victorian Christmas CD has been a firm favourite from the moment I clapped eyes on it - I think it's because it's so gentle. I've stamped some holly corners using a free stamp from a docrafts magazine and embossed them with halo gold sprinkle 'n' sparkle embossing powder and matted the Santa image onto some gold mirri cut out with a nesties shape and I rather like the way it looks like it's in a frame. The bp on the bottom of the card is one I created to go with this image (there are some bps on the CD for this but I felt like a change). The bow is from the embellishments sheet and I drew a 'ribbon' to put behind it and printed them off onto some beautiful yellow pearlescent paper that I've had in my stash for eons and embossed with fine detail gold embossing powder. I just finished it off with homemade gold mirri 'brads' and that's another one in the box and assigned to it's recipient ready for writing later in the year. :D
 As well as the Bah! Humbug! Challenge, I'm entering my card into Craft Your Passion who want layers and Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challege where Hazel wants us to bring a little bit of Easter into Christmas by using some yellow on our cards. Thank you all for the inspiration!

8 comments:

  1. Ann, your card is Stunning, one of my favourite images too. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A gorgeous card - love the Santa image you've used. Thanks for joining in my CHNC challenge 17 - hope to see you again soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this card Ann such a beautiful image.
    Hugs Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ann,
    Nice to be back playing again - have missed the challenges so much. I can see why this is one of your favourite Santa images and I think the soft colours work really well. Thank you for sharing with us at Bah! Humbug!

    Luv'n'Stuff
    Max
    xx
    Max's Craft Creations
    Bah! Humbug! Challenges DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an elegant card, Ann. I too love this image of Santa. Love your card design too. Just wondering, did you color this Santa image? It is beautiful!Thanks for joining us this week at Craft Your Passion for our current challenge:"Show up your layers." We hope the you will stop by again on Monday for our next challenge. Barbara GDT

    ReplyDelete
  6. very nice. thank you for joining us on craftyourpassion's challenge blog. Good luck !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very elegant and luxurious Christmas card.I have this CD but haven't used it in ages.Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion :D
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just catching up with everyone's projects after being away for the week in Scotland as you know - yeah it was great. This is fab Ann - a real stunner of a Santa and one of my all time favourites. Thank you for sharing with us again at Bah! Humbug!
    Ann xxx
    Bah! Humbug! DT

    ReplyDelete

I'm always thrilled to receive your comments, thank you for taking the time to leave them x