Friday, 8 April 2011

CACB #38


Good friday morning fellow bloggers, it's a lovely day here and I hope it is where you are too. It's time for challenge #38 at CACB and this time we want you to Raise a Smile. This can be using humour on your card/project or it can be to make someone feel good, it's up to you. I've chosen to make a card that I hope will make it's recipient feel good. I've combined Mo Manning's "What's cookin'" image with the Aga from Crafty Ann's. I digitally paper pieced the wall and floor tiles (there's a tutorial here for how to do this) before printing the combined images off and colouring the rest with promarkers then cutting out with a nesties die.
The dps are both from Crafty Ann's - from mottled stone collection 6 and embossed hearts autumn tones. I've added some faux stitching to the emobossed hearts piece which isn't showing up so well in the photo but looks quite effective in real life. I got the friendship cake recipe from this website and added it to one the new journalling tags that will be in the shop very soon and backed both onto a piece of mottled stone paper from collection 5. I've finished it off with homemade gold mirri 'brads'.
I'm also entering my card into these challenges:
Thank you for dropping by, I hope you'll be able to join us again and do pop over to see the rest of the samples from the DT, all are lovely and some of them made me chuckle as soon as I saw them.

9 comments:

  1. Certainly made me smile and thanks for the paper piecing tut. Have a good weekend. Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fabulous Ann and you are really clever in doing your background via the computer. I would be lacking there. I hope you are well? I am feeling better most days.

    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card! Thanks for joining us at Creative Inspirations Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card, love the image and recipe. Thanks for playing at DCD.

    Hugs Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute images and I love how you masked them together
    Great card
    Hugs Susie Sugar and the DCD Dream Team xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow!! This is really sweet!! I love this image and your coloring is amazing!! Certainly made me smile!! :) Great challenge!! Smiles, Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this card, the friendship cake recipe ties in so perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh hunni this is just adorable..what a wonderful recipe xx Thanks for playing at Inky Impressions xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card.. love the scene you've created!!
    Thanks for joining in at Inky Impressions for our diecut challenge!
    Sammi
    xx

    ReplyDelete

I'm always thrilled to receive your comments, thank you for taking the time to leave them x