Wednesday, 6 April 2011

Another New Year Diet??


I've been singing since last Friday - I think I'm driving hubby mad though, because I can't stop singing "When Santa got stuck in the chimney!" It's the girls at humbug hall to blame though, for the current challenge at Bah! Humbug! they want cards that make you giggle. As soon as I saw this, I knew what I wanted to do - but I had to draw it first. I decided to create a new snowglobe sheet with Santa stuck in the chimney because a snowglobe seemed the perfect home for an image like this. The new sheet also has 4 sayings and I've used one of them here. They all begin with "When Santa got stuck in the chimney he began to shout" and the one I've used here finishes with "I wish I'd joined Weight Watchers!!"
I added the sentiment to a tag from one of two new sheets of journalling tags that will be in the shop very soon too. My colouring medium is promarkers and white glitter. I've gone for the red and white theme again and used some lovely red mirri that I've embossed for the snowglobe base and white pearlescent paper for everything else. Red mirri homemade card candy finishes the corners.
Thank you for the inspiration again girls and I'm also entering my card into these challenges:

Thank you for dropping by today and for the lovely comments you leave.

10 comments:

  1. Hee hee - Brilliant, Ann - love the new image and how the embossing in the globe looks like snow :-)
    The wording on the tag has given me the giggles - excellent!!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. So funny and cute!! I love the embossed background too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. so cute! love that image, and the embossing is great - really makes it look wintry! thanks for playing along at Charisma this week! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL! That is just too cute! Thanks for playing along with us this week at SSDS!
    Scrappy Love,
    Rene'

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh love the embossed snow globe :-)
    Thanks for joining us at SSDS this week.
    Ike xx
    SSDS DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh just brilliant Ann and the sentiment/joke finishes the whole thing off to perfections. So funny and love the stark red and white combo - really effective.
    Ann xxx
    Bah! Humbug! DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. he-he, fab card. love the embossing and sentiment. Thanks for joining us at SSDS this week... Kaz DT SSDS

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your card ann. I'm looking forward to getting this one. Hugs Rita xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely hilarious! Raised more than a giggle when I saw this one. Thank you for sharing with us at Bah! Humbug!

    Luv'n'Stuff
    Max
    xx
    Max's Craft Creations
    Bah! Humbug! Challenges DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my gosh, Anne, this is fabulous! I love, love love this image! I want it! LOL! Thank you for sharing with us at Craft Your Passion in our Anything Goes challenge!

    ReplyDelete

I'm always thrilled to receive your comments, thank you for taking the time to leave them x