Thursday, 24 March 2011

Music & Movement


This was an enjoyable card to make that I did for a card swap with the theme of music and movement. I don't make the smaller cards very often and this one works out to be roughly A6 in size. I've used nesties labels dies to cut the base pieces and all the mats but this is the one I can never remember the number of, sorry! 
I've used a mixture of digis and rubber/polymer stamps here. The main image has the classical guitar and rosebud over laid onto Abstract 2 dp (all from Crafty Ann's) and coloured with promarkers. The base of the card uses the same paper that I've stamped using the free butterfly stamp from the current issue of Craft Stamper with lettuce distress ink. I stamped off and used the 2nd stamping on the paper so that the colour was more muted. I've also overstamped with a music stamp and london fog memento ink. The pink butterfly is the same Craft Stamper stamp using the twilight brilliance ink pad on a scrap of pink dp. I've kept it fairly simple other than that and my only embellishments are the 'gems' acting as a stop for the easel and a couple of small die cut flourishes.
I'm entering my card into these challenges:
Thank you for your visit today, I'll see you again tomorrow.

11 comments:

  1. Great easel card, great idea!

    Thanks for sharing with us at Gingerloft this week, good luck!
    Hugs Shell xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card, Ann, I hope you don't mind I've featured it today on PaperMood.com ! :) Keep creating your magic. X Fab

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely card hun! Thanks for joining in with our challenge of No Square Cards this week over at Creative Inspirations Wednesday's Challenge Blog! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card thanks for joining Creative inspirations this week

    ReplyDelete
  5. fabulous! great music themed card!
    Thanks for joining colour Create this time
    hugs Di x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is lovely Ann, I like how you have used the nesties to make the easel, so unusual
    Beryl x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a really beautiful card! I love the shape and the clever design plus the other great accents.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A really lovely easel card Ann, just perfect for a music lover!
    Love the butterfly.

    Thanks for joining us at Colour Create for our Pastel Challenge.

    Sharon x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great creation! Love it!:)

    Thank you for joining us at The Crafty Pad @ http://thecraftypad.blogspot.com/ :)

    Maggie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Smashing easel card, thanks so much for joining us at fab n funky this week, karenx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fab card, thanks for joining us at CD sunday this week, hugs Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete

I'm always thrilled to receive your comments, thank you for taking the time to leave them x