Friday, 11 March 2011

CACB #36 & CDACCC19

Sorry to be so slow getting my post up today, it seems to have been non stop since I opened my eyes this morning and at 11am, it feels like it should be at least 5pm! At least I can't complain about boredom!! lol! I have two cards to share with you today and am entering both into several challenges.
This first one is for Crafters Digital Art Centre's colour challenge 19. (There's a link to it in my side bar.) Crafty Ann's group is hosting this challenge this time. There is a free digi sheet for you to use for the challenge and you can see one of them on the card above. The colour part of the challenge is to use shades of purple, lilac and pink instead of the black and red we traditionally use on oriental cards. The freebie image is a sheet of two lanterns and you can use either or both. I've used just one on my sample card and have teamed it up with a new cherry blossom digi that is just new in the shop along with some other new oriental style images. The lanterns that are part of the challenge will go into the shop when the challenge finishes.
I've used the hybrid version of the cherry blossom digi and laid it directly onto the polished stone bp in two places before printing it out. The digi itself remains white when you do it this way which allowed me to colour
it with promarkers. It makes it look like part of the bp though and is a really nice effect. I coloured the main image with promarkers too and cut it out using a Marianne Designs die which frames it beautifully.


The second card is for the new challenge at CACB and at Crafty Ann's this fortnight we have an either/or challenge for you. You can use the sketch or the theme which is Spring or both. My sample card is using both and is my husband's birthday card - Shhhhh - I'm relying on you not to tell him! I've used dark brown woodgrain effect and a blue mottled stone from collection 5 bps and used the hybrid digi of the other blossom branch on the sheet and the bird on blossom branch directly onto the bp again. If you aren't sure what I mean by hybrid, it's simply a jpg with the background removed and saved as a png and you get this version, a jpg and a traditional png version in a zipped file. This is what allows the image to stay white when it's overlaid onto a digital bp. Once again, my clolouring medium is promarkers
I'm entering my cards into these challenges:
Phew - this feels like a marathon post! Thank you if you've stuck with it all the way to the end and it would be lovely to see you at both challenges.

19 comments:

  1. Wonderful card Ann, the frame looks lovely. Thanks so much for sharing with us at MAWTT this week. Good Luck! Pami x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two excellent cards Ann, if I had to choose a fav it would be the first one - luckily I don't have to choose
    Beryl x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards
    Thanks for joining us at MAWTT this week
    Lisa ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning cards Ann, I love seeing cards that people have put their hearts into.

    Thank you for joining us at Frosted Designs, can not wait to see more of your work

    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your cards Ann. Sorry I have not been on for awhile, but hopefully I'm on track again. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two beautiful cards. lovely clean and simple style. Thanks for joining us at MAWTT this week
    Hugs Laurie x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both gorgeous cards Ann. Thanks for linking up with us at OLL. Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful cards!! And just that little bit different! Thanks for sharing with us at Southern Girls Challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ann, hello "boss". You have made two lovely cards here. Thanks for taking part in Ooh La La Creations Challenge this fortnight and best of luck. We hope to see you back again very soon. Best wishes, Kym, Guest Designer for March/April for the Ooh La La Creations Challenge Blog xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are BEAUTIFUL Creations, GREAT designs and color combos!! Thanks so much for joining us at Your Next Stamp!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card! Thanks for joining us at Frosted Designs this week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. awesome work!

    looks so fabulous!

    hugs and kisses from germany,
    silvi xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous cards and love the flowers:)
    Thanks so much for joining us at Gingerloft Challenges :)
    huggs
    Lynn xx
    PS: I am having a give away on my blog if you are interested

    ReplyDelete
  14. Both are fab hun! But the bird card is fab, just love the wood effect DP its great!

    Thanks for sharing with us at MAWTT this week, good luck!
    Hugs Shell xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. What beautiful cards!! I just love the colors! So springy! Thanks for joining the YNS challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I like them both. Great job using the photo for inspiration! Thanks for playing at Frosted Designs!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Adorable card. Thanks so much for joining us at Southern Girls this fortnight. I really hope to see you again at our next challenge.
    Hugz,
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wonderful cards, I'm working on one for the cdaccc19 too! =)
    Hugs, Elenor

    ReplyDelete
  19. fabulous cards! so pretty & sweet! thanks for playing with us at PIO & hope to see you again! hugs!

    ReplyDelete

I'm always thrilled to receive your comments, thank you for taking the time to leave them x