Tuesday, 1 February 2011

Tropical Sunset

 

My mojo seems happy to play just lately so I am taking advantage and going with the flow! This one is a birthday card and I've had a lovely time making it. I've used the Faberge Style Egg, Tropical beach which I've coloured with various inks and ink dusters and a couple of grey promarkers to give extra depth. I printed off the egg stand onto gold mirror card along with the diamond shaped buckle from the Embellishments sheet and heat embossed them with fine detail gold ep. I've used  star dust stickles for the 'stones' in the buckle. My main bp is from Funky collection 3. I've mounted the egg onto a piece of white pearlescent paper wchich I've cut out with a nesties label (4 I think). Another piece of white pearlescent paper and a piece of matt gold card have both been put through different cuttlebug folders and the card has been finished off with a piece of white satin ribbon and 4 gold mirri 'brads' made using a 1/4" punch.

I'm entering my card into these challenges:
Thank you for dropping by today and for all the lovely comments you leave.

11 comments:

  1. So pretty and very elegant!! Love your strip of gold embossed panel!! Thanks for joining with us at the Inky Impressions challenge!!HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's lovely Ann. The colouring on the image is fabulous - I can just imagine sitting on the beach and watching that sunset. Great card.
    Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! this is so different and beutiful. the image on the egg is awesome and perfect for the SFTW challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous Ann. This looks so different depending on the technique used.

    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your mojo has really excelled with this beauty, Ann. This fabulous Faberge egg is stunning!!!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. very pretty card. love the colors, the composition and the layering

    thanks for playing with us at Pile It On

    my little scrappingcorner
    DT Pile It On

    ReplyDelete
  7. How creative,i love what you have done.thanks for joining us at southern girls

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a cute card! Love your embossing. Thanks for sharing your talent at Southern Girls this week and good luck.
    Alicia xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cute project. Thanks so much for sharing and playing with us at Southern Girls. I hope we see you again.
    ~Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty!! Fabulous colors and wonderful image! Thanks so much for joining us at Papertake Weekly and hope you join us again!
    hugs, Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow Ann, this is stunning
    Beryl x

    ReplyDelete

I'm always thrilled to receive your comments, thank you for taking the time to leave them x