Friday, 25 February 2011

CACB Challenge #35


The new challenge at CACB has rolled around again and this time we're asking you for a birthday card. There's lots of Christmas Challenges helping us to get well prepared so we thought that it might be a good idea to add one to the birthday box. For my card, I've used the free papers that were on the challenge blog for you to collect all last week (hope you managed to get yours) and let them dictate the colour scheme. I've used Venetian mask 3 and coloured it with promarkers and added some turquoise glitter that I've had for years and some gold stickles. The glitter is slightly coarser than I normally use but the colour was perfect and it really sparkles in real life. I've distressed the edges of the two papers with a cutting tool that I bought years ago for cutting threads while I was cross stitching and works perfectly for this. I've embellished the corners with a clear stamp from a set that I've had for so long that I can't remember where I got it from or who made it - nor can I remember the last time I used it. I've embellished with white satin ribbon and a square buckle from the embellishments sheet which was coloured with promarker and stickles. The sentiment and image were cut out with nesties labels 4 and finished off with some little pearls coloured with the promarker again to match.
I'm also entering my card into these challenges:
Thank you for dropping by and I hope you get the chance to make a birthday card and join us this week.

16 comments:

  1. Fabulous Ann as you know I love this mask and the colours are lovely. Thanks for sharing love Cynthia or shattered as í am today x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Ann, love these two papers, can't wait to find a use for them. Thank you
    Beryl x

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favourite colours and I love that mask! Good luck in the draw it's a great one this week. Love Elizabeth x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute..I don't think I've ever seen someone use the masks in a card...great job! Thanx for joining us this week at Incy Wincy. Hope to see you back again, soon.
    Renee DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous papers Ann, they show off the mask to prefection. Good luck in the draw.
    Hugs Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute. Love the cOlors. I am a new follower and love to invite you to my blog for a give away. Enter @ lenascrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. thank you for joining us at Sketch n' Stash this eek with you lovely dramatic card
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning card Ann, fabulous colours and papers...........your Venetian mas is gorgeous.

    So glad you could join us at Truly Scrumptious,
    hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fabulous card Ann and I love these vibrant colours too.
    Thanks for joining in with Sketch n Stash.
    lol Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ah a great card for us this week on Rainbow Lady, love the Venetian Masks they are super, thanks for playing Hazelxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. A beautiful card, thank you for joining us at Creative Inspirations. Hugs Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a wonderful card Ann - love the image and the colour also. Thanks for joining us this week at TS. Hugs Michele x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great card Ann and I love that turquoise blue. The corners are such a good idea a lovely touch. Thank you for joining in with Rainbow Lady's challenge this week.
    Jen x

    ReplyDelete
  14. sucj a lovely card & my fave colour too ;o)

    Thanx for joining in with us at Sketch N Stash... good luck ;o)

    xXx Angie xXx

    ReplyDelete
  15. This fun and striking card made me smile. I love your interpretation of our sketch. Thanks for sharing it with us at Sketch n Stash this time. x

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a great card. I love the colors. Thanks for joining us at PCJ this week. hugs ~ Cindy

    ReplyDelete

I'm always thrilled to receive your comments, thank you for taking the time to leave them x