Saturday, 29 January 2011

Love........

This is one of those posts that will have the write up first and pictures below - just in case "him indoors" glances over my shoulder while my blog is open on screen. Eeeee - the lengths we have to go to sometimes!

This weekend, we're having a heart themed group hop over on CDAC:


It's running until 9pm PST on 30th January (5am 31st Jan GMT) so there is still time to join in. 13 groups are taking part and all are donating an image, or in some caese, sheet of images to be won - not by one person but by every person who completes the hop. There are also some individual prizes on some of the groups along to way too so if you are a member of CDAC, make sure you don't miss out and if you aren't a member yet, why not join? It's free and is full of all sorts of resources - just click on the link above.

I can't show you Crafty Ann's contribution to the freebie pot, but I can show you a card I made using some of the elements on the sheet. It's for my husband for our anniversary in February - and you know what it's like trying to do something suitable for a man! I've used the single heart image from Love is all around 2 to create the easel card base and mats. The rest of the images are from Love is all around 1 which is the free sheet and will go into the shop when the hop finishes so if you don't get to do the hop, you'll still be able to get the sheet should you want it. My dp's are from the embossed hearts collections.
The mat underneath the winged heart is sliver mirri that I put through the printer then emossed with fine detail silver ep. The text says "On our Anniversary" repeatedly - I then cut this out with a nesties labels die. I added the text to the winged heart in MS Word.  My colouring medium is promarkers for all the images along with some silver glitter on the wings. I've finished off with punched flowers and leaves and some pearls and crystals. I really enjoyed making it and hope my hubby will think it special - but I think I should show you it now!

I'm entering my 'labour of love' into these challenges:
 Thank you for your visit today and for the lovely encouraging comments you leave, they are much appreciated.

9 comments:

  1. Absolutely stunning Ann. Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute card!
    Thanks for sharing the Love at Pile It On this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. holy moly! this is absolutely stunning! wow!

    hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just a lovely card, great colours, thanks for playing with us at the Alphabet Challenge, Blessings Hilde

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really gorgeous Ann and I am sure hubby will love it and know how much work went into it. I know what you mean it is very difficult to make them cards when they around 24 7.

    Hope you are well?
    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this, the embossed hearts are fab, and love the shape of the card

    thanks for joining us this week for the M for Men Challenge at Alphabet Challenge Blog

    Hel x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a beautiful card. Thanks for joining our Valentine/Love challenge at Charisma this week. Good Luck.
    xx Vee

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous, Ann...not only the new heart shape but all the other elements too make this quite spectacular.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautiful card! love the heart shaped easel card... great idea! thanks for joining in AiFactory's "For the Boys" challenge! hope to see you again soon! hugs!

    ReplyDelete

I'm always thrilled to receive your comments, thank you for taking the time to leave them x