Tuesday, 11 January 2011

First Card in 2011!


.....and it's a Christmas card! Last year, thanks to Bah! Humbug! I had enough hand made cards despite major house refurbs going on for 6 months so I intend to do even better this year. I've made myself a promise that the insides will be completed at the same time and they will be tucked inside an envelope ready to write out and post - what's more, I'm making them with my list beside me and each one is being assigned to it's recipient and numbered as I make it!
So, to this card. I've used 2 digi paper bps  - embossed dots from the earth tones set and a red mottled stone. I was delighted when the Bah! Humbug! theme was holly and or fairies this time because I got to use the pre-coloured holly wreath that I created last year and never got to use myself. I've also 'hung' one of the pre-coloured ornaments from it before overlaying them onto a piece of the embossed dots paper before printing them out. All of these are from Crafty Ann's. The sentiment is a stamp I've had for a long time now and I stamped it onto another piece of embossed dots paper and cut out with a nesties label die. I've simply finished it off with some border peel offs and homemade red & gold mirri card 'brads'.
It feels good to have got my first card under my belt and I'm entering it into these challenges:
Thank you for dropping by today.

11 comments:

  1. A gorgeous card Ann and a brilliant start to next year's christmas cards.
    I've started already too and I'm hoping I'll be a regular this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow Ann this is gorgeous - that precoloured wreath looks amazing. A fabulous start to your Christmas card collection.
    Thanks for joining us and I think your organisation plans sound perfect. I may copy that idea with the recipients - great thinking.
    Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Ann, What a super card. I love it. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Christmas card, love it! I am planning to do Bah humbug this year and be prepared!! Thanks for playing along at Kaboodle Doodles this week. Jill

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really, it's never too early get started on Christmas card!!
    Love this one, very classy and cool stitching!!
    Thanks for playing at Kaboodle Doodles and good luck!
    Farrah

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card :-) Lovely start to the Christmas 2011 preparations ,,, good idea to keep a list next to you !! :-)


    thanks for joining us on the ABC Christmas Challenge
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card! Thanks for joining us at ABC Christmas challenge! hope you continue to play throughout the year too! hugs Samantha :0)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card Ann - well done for doing the inserts and double well done for fitting them with the Chistmas list as you go.
    Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooooo'errrr .. what a beautiful start to your 2011 card stash Ann and what a wonderful idea to allocate your cards as you go along. That's a great way og keeping track of how many you will need. Thank you for sharing with us at Bah! Humbug!

    Luv'n'Stuff
    Max
    xx
    Max's Craft Creations
    Bah! Humbug! Challenges DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is lovely Ann. I do like this wreath and the sentiment is just right.
    Jen x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card!
    Thanks for joining us at the ABC Christmas Challenge!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete

I'm always thrilled to receive your comments, thank you for taking the time to leave them x