Friday, 14 January 2011

CACB Challenge #32


 I can't believe another fortnight has gone by already - where is this year going to??? lol! This is a card I've thoroughly enjoyed making. Our challenge at CACB this time is "Ring in the new but don't ring out the old" and we want you to use new and old together. It can be stash, techniques, inspiration or equipment as a few examples. I've used a new digi stamp - the Faberge Style Egg - country scene and coloured it using a favourite technique by applying several shades of blue and a black ink from memento and brilliance with duster brushes. I've used new inspiration from lovely DT member Irene and printed just the base out onto pealescent silver paper and embossed with fine detail silver ep. I must say that I'm delighted with the effect. I've shaped this slightly before mounting it onto a nesties label die. I've used two neglected punches to embellish the corners and my much loved embossing folders to emboss the pearlescent paper. I was inspired by Digital Tuesday to try something I usually shy away from - white on white.......and I LOVE the effect so I won't be shying away from it again!

I'm also entering my card into these challenges:
All in all, I thoroughly enjoyed making this card and I hope you'll get the chance to come along and join in with us for this challenge and give me lots to come an 'oooh & aaah' over.

14 comments:

  1. Love this Ann, so elegant xx jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous Ann. Belated Happy New Year. Where is it going.

    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Your Faberge style egg is just soooo pretty. You did a wonderful job with it. So glad you joined the Stampin B's die cut challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a really nice technique! Thanks for playing with My Partner in Crafting Crime, Robin

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks absolutely stunning Ann!
    lol Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card - love the white on white!
    Thanks for joining us at the SCSC!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Ann, what a stunning card, I love blue egg against the white background. Thank you for sharing with us at Craft Your Days Away for our first challenge of 2011, good luck xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is beautiful Ann. Very elegant.
    Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Fabulous card and lots of lovely texture,
    thanks for joining us at Secret Crafter: 116: Tons Of Texture,
    Good luck with the challenge,
    Hugs Bridget :) x.
    SCSC DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gosh Ann this has a truly magical look to it that scene within the egg looks wonderful, the embossed panels is a perfect backdrop.
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is magnificent, Ann.
    You've sure nailed the white on white style, all that texture is perfect.
    Brilliant colouring of your fab faberge egg - a night scene?? - excellent!!!
    I LOVE it.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely and peaceful card hun.
    Thank you for playing at TCPF this time, and good luck!
    Hugs,
    Teri x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful Card.
    Thanks for joining us at DT this week.
    Best wishes, Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello,
    Super Card there,great image! Lovely work :)
    Thank you so much for playing with CYDA

    Liz xx

    ReplyDelete

I'm always thrilled to receive your comments, thank you for taking the time to leave them x