Friday, 28 January 2011

CACB #33


It's already time for another challenge at Crafty Ann's and this time the challenge has been chosen and hosted by our lovely Kym. The theme is Silver, gold & white and I loved making this card. As soon as I saw Kym's theme I knew I wanted to use 3D Flowers. I think it's because of the gold flowers that I used on the poinsettia wreath that I made for last Christmas. (Click here if you want to see it.) I did the flowers slightly differently this time though - for the wreath, I printed onto the back of the mirri and embossed the lines with an embossing tool before cutting them out but this time, inspired by the lovely Irene, I printed onto the metallic side and heat embossed with fine detail ep in gold and silver as appropriate. I've done gold on gold and silver on silver but I think it would also look good the other way around.
My bp is white pearlescent and I've also used a strip of this instead of ribbon throught the Marianne Design die cut. I cut my two circles out using the robo and added gold mirri 'brads' to all the scallops.
Of course it's been somewhat of a challenge trying to get a decent photo with all the shine, but it's one of those cards that feels well worth it. It's already on it's way to a rather special friend for her birthday. 
I'm also entering my card into these challenges:
I will certainly use this colour scheme again and I do hope to get to see your interpretation too so why not pop over to our challenge and join us?

13 comments:

  1. Stunning card I have been drooling over the design of this. Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Ann, this is just stunning!
    I love the rich look of all that gold and silver miri, your flower is to die for and what a fabulous design!
    Thanks for joining in with Sketch n Stash.
    lol Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I keep coming back to look at this, Ann.
    The gold and silver looks soooo real. Your embossing on the mirri is perfect - not a stray speck of EP in sight.
    Wonderful !!!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW, how stunning. This is just so gorgeous. Thank you for playing in The Pixie Cottage Challenge this week.
    Hugs
    Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! this is stunning, luv the gold/silver combo & your flower is so lush...luv it!

    Thanks for joining in with Sketch n Stash...good luck!

    xx Lizzy xx :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card Ann. Love all that shine and shimmer.
    Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh wow this is just stunning,wonderful detail,one amazing card,thanks for playing at the pixie cottage this week,love cheryl xxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. ooh such a beautiful card, and very classy too:)

    thank you for joining us at sketch n stash


    sue
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOWZA! This is so unique & beautiful Ann! Thanks for joining us at The Sisterhood! Hope to see you again next challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous...love the elegant feel. Thanks for joining us at The Pixie Cottage!

    ReplyDelete
  11. what a stunner of a card thanks for joining us at sketch n' stash
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful card!
    Thanks for playing in The Pixie Cottage this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ann i really love this card in the gold white and silver.
    So sorry i havnt been in touch like i used to or followed your blog, loads going on here and dont have the time..I promise to try harder
    Wendy x

    ReplyDelete

I'm always thrilled to receive your comments, thank you for taking the time to leave them x