This is one of those cards I thoroughly enjoyed making - and the added bonus is that it came together really quickly. It's the penultimate challenge of the year for Bah! Humbug! and seeing as they want us to use my favourite colourway I couldn't miss it could I??? The challenge this time is to use shades of lilac. Well, helllooo! I used the wonderful sketch from Sketch and Stash and used some much neglected ribbon and a greeting that I got last year and have never used. The bps are from the embossed stars, tartan 1, and polished stone collections and the poinsettia faberge style egg is from the pre-coloured sheet. I've also used a buckle from the embellishments sheet and coloured it digitally. I planned my design in word and printed the papers and image off to the exact sizes I wanted. I find I'm doing this more and more because there is no waste to add to my already groaning 'bits' drawers (yes that is as in more than one - but I'm not telling you just how many!!)
I shaped the egg and layered it onto a piece of silver glitter card, cut out and embossed with a nestie's label die - I can never remember the number of this set though, sorry. Lilac ribbon through the buckles and some homemade silver mirri 'card candy' add the finishing touches.
My card is also for these challenges:
- OSAAT - Choose a season or event
- Die Cut Dreams - Christmas Anything Goes
- Southern Girls - Your favourite colour (the hint is in the blog!)
- Daring Cardmakers - We Three...........(three of things) In my case, buckles, ribbons and papers
- Fussy and Fancy Friday - Christmas with no red and green (I'm hoping to be forgiven the poinsettia leaves)
- ABC Christmas - X is for xmas with the optional extra of flowers
- Simon Says - Sparkle!