Friday, 17 December 2010

CACB, Challenge #30


Good morning fellow bloggers - today sees our final challenge at Crafty Ann's before Christmas and we're making it nice and easy for you so Anything Goes! If you're still making Christmas cards or projects, do share them with us and if you're sick of Christmas projects now, share anything you like as long as it's new. In my case, I have loads of birthday's in January so I need to be thinking about them now. The squirrel has to be one of my favourite images and is one of the earliest I drew. I stop myself using it too often so I still get a lot of pleasure from it when I do. This is the first time I've coloured the image with promarkers though. I usually use coloursoft pencils which I get a really good result with but this time I decided to bite the bullet and go for it - this was braver that it sounds because I was running to the wire time wise! I'm quite pleased with the result though so I'll be happy to use promarkers again. I created the background while the image was still in the nesties die with ink dusters and shaving brushes which work just as well. I used I used distress old paper and tea dye to create the ground and brilliance pearlescent sky blue to create the sky area. The bps are from Tartans Collection 2 and Mottled Stone Collection 6. The mat behind the squirrel has been cut from a piece of woodgrain effect from the earth tones collection. The bp's and Squirrel digi are all available from Crafty Ann's. The sentiment is computer generated and the card has been finished with 4 of my handmade gold mirri 'brads'/'card candy' in the corners.
I'm also entering my card into these challenges who all also have the theme of Anything Goes:
Thank you for visiting today, I hope you'll get chance to join in with us for our last challenge before Christmas and that you will check out our very last challenge of the year starting on 31st December which is something we haven't done before.

14 comments:

  1. Wow!!! Ann this is so gorgeous. Everything goes together just right. Great colouring.

    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great image and backing papers.

    Thanks for joining us at One Stitch at a Time Challenge Blog.

    Georgie x
    (Crafting Gina G)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ann - this is a fabulous card for those "difficult" men in our lives! Great choice of papers to go with the beautiful image. Thanks for joining us at OSAAT this week. Have a very happy Christmas. x Sylvia x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ann, what a gorgeous card. I love the image and your colouring is fab. Thanks for joining in with our Mega Christmas challenge over at PFP. Hugs, Denise x
    Have a wonderful Christmas x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card Ann, love the plaid paper! Thanks for joining us at PfP. Sue C x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a wonderful card Ann. Love the colouring of the image and the design also. Thanks for joining in with our Mega Christmas challenge at PFP. Hugs Michele x

    ReplyDelete
  7. gorgeous card ann.i love the image and great colours.thanks for playing in our mega chrismas challenge at PFP :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card and image!! Thanks for joining in our mega challenge at PFP, Juliex

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card Ann, love that DP! Thanks for joining us at OSAAT.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just adore your sweet squirrel with these tartan papers Ann, such a lovely bright colour palette.
    Wishing you and Tom a wonderful Christmas and 2011.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card! Thanks for playing at OSAAT. Hugs Nataliya.

    Merry Christmas!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've been privileged to receive 'the stylish blogger' award on my new Christmas challenge blog and am passing this on to you and 7 other stylish bloggers. Please visit my Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Challenge blog to grab the award image and get details of what to do. x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ann, I love your squirrel. Your coloring is great! I still haven't mastered what Promarkers I have yet, but I will keep on working at it. Thanks for a great blogsite. Hugs, dj

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, WOW, Ann, this is fantastic!!!!
    Such wonderful colours and your handsome little squirrel looks soooo good in that lovely frame

    x

    ReplyDelete

I'm always thrilled to receive your comments, thank you for taking the time to leave them x