Monday, 15 November 2010

Poinsettia Wreath


I think I'm spoiling you today! Or should that be that I'm spoiling myself today?? Either way, here's post number 2. I've been doing this a little bit here and there over a few days and it's been a brilliant way to unwind :D
I was originally inspired by a project in the december issue of Craft Stamper which just fired my imagination. It bears very little resemblence to the one in CS, but that's what inspiration's all about in a way isn't it? The base circle has been cut from a pale lemon pearlescent card although I'm not too sure how well it shows in the photo (it might show better if you click on it to enlarge it) and it's made a very pretty backdrop for everything I've added to it. We have a lot going on just now, so to save some time I used the precoloured poinsettias and coloured 2 of the holly leaves digitally so that I could copy and paste as many as I wanted. The poinsettia sheet is available as both a standard digi stamp and a pre-coloured sheet and the holly wreath sheet is availble just as a standard digi stamp at the moment. (Edit: there is also a pre-coloured holly wreath sheet available now.) I wanted some lush looking gold among it all so I printed the 3D short petal flower onto the back of some gold mirri card and created the centres and lines with an embossing tool before cutting them out. I had a lovely time sitting in front of the TV cutting out all the pieces I needed. Both the 3D flowers and the poinsettias have two layers. The holly berries are my homemade 'card candy' from red mirri card. I also added some Marianne Designs flourishes and some homemade gold mirri 'card candy' too.
I'm really pleased with how this one has turned out and will probably make another when I get chance. The dimension on this project is really effective. Unfortunately the photo doesn't show it at it's best but at least you can get the gist.
I'm entering my wreath into these challenges:
Thank you so much for popping by and for the comments you leave - I appreciate them all.

15 comments:

  1. Wow - Am I glad I've found the time to do some blog hopping today. Your wreath is wonderful. The gold flowers are fantastic - I really though they were metal die cuts - I'll have to try that - even though I'm scissorly challenged. It's a fabulous project and to know that every bit of it is your own work must be uba satisfying.
    Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Ann that is really beautiful - you've really pulled out all the stops on this one. I love it.
    Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous

    Thanks for joining us on SCSC :)

    Hugs Jane x
    SCSC DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely beautiful Ann - let's say it's a joint spoil!!! Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow thats amazing. What alot of work has gone into that. Stunning. Thanks for joining us at creative inspirations.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love being spoiled Ann especially with a gorgeous piece of work.
    It must have taken you an age to make but worth it.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is beautiful, I too got inspiration from this in the craft stamper mag, not had time to make one yet though. Thanks for joining us at the crafty pad this week x

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG Ann, that is amazing! You certainly are spoiling us with such a wonderful Christmas wreath. I love the mirri you've used for the flowers, it looks so Christmassy
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh WOW Ann this is awesome I love the Poinsettias and the holly leaves looks true quality
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is fantastic, really gorgeous. Thank you for joining us this week at Fab N Funky.....karenx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey Ann I get to visit and see this beauty for a second time and also to thank you for joining our challenge at Creative Inspirations
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wowzer fabulous wreath!! Those flowers are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fantastic Ann, you are very talented hun.
    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Amazing design!!:)
    It's so so so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just stunning! Thanks so much for playing along with the Creative Inspirations challenge.
    Jenni x

    ReplyDelete

I'm always thrilled to receive your comments, thank you for taking the time to leave them x