Thursday, 4 November 2010

Organised or What????

This has to be the first Christmas since we've been together that I haven't been making my hubby's card at the last minute hiding behind a chair to stop him being able to see it before it was finished!! Who do I need to thank for this you ask? The girls at Bah! Humbug! that's who. I've had so little time for card making this year that I've had the frustration of missing more of their challenges than I would want to - especially as I have cards in my head for all of them!! The one I'm about to share with you was intended for the elegance challenge but once again I ran out of time. I really wanted to make this one though and just changed my idea slightly to fit in with the current challenge which is Presents - in fact, I drew the present box specially! I know that I wouldn't mind finding a faberge egg under the tree this year :D - not that there's any chance of that!

Onto the card - I've used one of the new faberge style eggs range. This one is the poinsettia from the pre-coloured sheet although it's also available as a non-coloured digi stamp. I cut it out and shaped it before adding it to a nesties shape that had been embossed with 3D foam. The bp is from the new range designed to work with the pre-coloured poinsettia egg. I've layered all this onto some white pearlescent card and a red card stock base. I've added two small pre-coloured poinsettias to two of the corners (don't you just love how you can have the size you want with digis?) and made my own 'card candy/brads' for the corners out of scraps of gold mirri card using a 6mm ball tool and a spare stamping mat. The sentiment is computer generated and cut out using nesties labels 4 as is the gold mirri mat and the Marianne Designs swirl.


I've really loved making this card and it has also been inspired by the following challenges:
Thank you for your visit today.

17 comments:

  1. oooh this is gorgeous ,very stunning indeedy...i love it:)

    thank you for joining us at sketch and stash

    sue
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Anne

    Wow!!!! what a stunning card, I love the rich vibrant colours. The Faberge egg and poinsettas are fabulous, and a little cuttling - just perfect. I love your attention to detail.

    Thank you so much for joining in our latest challange at Bah!Humbug.
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ann, this is beautiful! Love the image & the embossed foil papers! Thanks for joining us at the CRAFT Challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really lovely, love the image too, thanks for joining us at DCD Christmas Club.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely card. Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes this week.

    Fi

    ReplyDelete
  6. the embossed metallic adds a LOT of elegance to this card!

    Thanks for playing with the Paper Sundaes Challenge this week!
    ♥Lisa M.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card! Thanks for Cooking it up with Katie this week!
    Tammy x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty! Thank you for joining us at DCD Christmas club

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooo'errr Ann,
    What a fabulous easel card and one that your hubby will be proud to display. Thank you so much for your kind words about Bah! Humbug! We look forward to continuing to keep on top of this Christmas Card m'larky next year too, so hopefully you will continue to join us and share your lovely cards.

    Luv'n'Stuff
    Max
    xx
    Max's Craft Creations
    Bah! Humbug! Challenges DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is gorgeous as well Ann.

    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful work. I love the embossed frame :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card Ann, I love all the details and that faberge egg is just gorgeous, its a gift in itself! Thanks for Cooking it up with Katie
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great card using Dry Embossing, thank you for joining us at CRAFT Challenge this week and good luck! Don't forget to check back with us again on Thursday for our new challenge and to check if you have won.

    Jo and Tigerlover.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is fabulous, love the metallic embossed paper! Thanks for playing along at Paper Sundaes this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. gorgeous easel card, and the gold embossed foil panel makes the whole thing POP! thanks for joining the Charisma Gals this week!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great card Ann and yes I too love the way you can resize and jiggle around to get what you want with digis. Reversing them is just so useful.
    Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful christmas card. Thank you for cooking it up with Katie this week.

    ReplyDelete

I'm always thrilled to receive your comments, thank you for taking the time to leave them x