Monday, 8 November 2010

Oh Christmas Tree............



Well the girls at Bah! Humbug! might need smelling salts when they see this! Two weeks running????? I can't remember the last time I was able to do this :D The theme this week is Fancy Folds so I've made a style of card I haven't made for ages - a two way fold card. Half of the front of the card is cut away on the diagonal and then decorated. The above photo is of the card closed.


Then a smaller, tent fold card is stuck to the inside and the front of that is decorated too.


Hopefully this one shows that part a bit better. I've used mottled stone bp from collection 4 on the fronts of both cards and in order to save ink, I cropped to shape for the triangular piece in word so that I printed out only what I needed. The Oh Christmas Tree script was added using word art. The Christmas garland was coloured with promarkers and added with 3D foam.
The main image on the front is one of the pre-coloured Christmas Tree Snowglobes and I put the base through a papermania snowflakes border embossing folder and added stickles to the snow before shaping it and adding it to a piece of pearlescent paper that had been put through the swiss dots folder. I just finished it off with homemade gold mirri 'card candy'.
My card is also for these challenges:
Thank you for your visit today and I hope you'll be able to find time to join in with our current challenge at CACB where the theme is a Christmas card/project in non traditional Christmas colours - we're celebrating our first birthday so there's lots of prizes on offer :D

13 comments:

  1. Very nice and I really like how you've embossed the bottom part of the globe, thaks for joining us at I ♥ ProMarkers.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ann. I totally agree with Karen, adding the snowflakes to the base of the snowglobe is great! Thanks for taking part in our Snowflake challenge at I ♥ Promarkers this week.
    Tine :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous shaped card, I love your embossing!
    Thank you for joining us at OSAAT this week! Good luck, hugs shell xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty! Thanks for playing along with LRW!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card, another one who likes the embossing,thank you for joining us at I♥Promarkers this week
    Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Ann

    What an amazing card, it gorgeous. I love the snowglobe, and with the added embossing it looks stunning. The inside of your card is just beautiful, gorgeous rich colours and a perfect set of christmas baubles.

    Thank you so much for joining in our latest challange at Bah!Humbug
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Steady on Ann - two weeks running oh my goodness!! Only kidding it's lovely to see you entering and this card is a real beauty. Think I missed last week's with being away - must go check it out.
    Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Never mind the smelling salts Ann - get me a brandy for the shock! LOL!
    Your card is lovely and the inclusion of a tent fold card inside is an extra surprise. Thank you for sharing with us at Bah! Humbug!

    Luv'n'Stuff
    Max
    xx
    Max's Craft Creations
    Bah! Humbug! Challenges DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card, Ann. I love your colours and embossing.
    Thanks for joining us at One Stitch At A Time this time. Good Luck.
    Hugs
    Agnieszka

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Ann,

    Love your card, gorgeous papers and your super images. Thanks for joining in the challenge at Bah Humbug this week.

    Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. A gorgeous card! Love those colors you used. And the image is lovely. Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes this week.
    Hugs, Karina

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fab cards !
    Love to see you at my Christmas Card Challenge
    http://angsandy.blogspot.com/2010/11/lcom-christmas-card-crop-hop.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. Perfect image for the challenge! Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes for our Let It Snow challenge!

    ReplyDelete

I'm always thrilled to receive your comments, thank you for taking the time to leave them x