Tuesday, 23 November 2010

Lovely in Lilac - and a whole lot more!


This is one of those cards I thoroughly enjoyed making - and the added bonus  is that it came together really quickly. It's the penultimate challenge of the year for Bah! Humbug! and seeing as they want us to use my favourite colourway I couldn't miss it could I??? The challenge this time is to use shades of lilac. Well, helllooo! I used the wonderful sketch from Sketch and Stash and used some much neglected ribbon and a greeting that I got last year and have never used. The bps are from the embossed stars, tartan 1, and polished stone collections and the poinsettia faberge style egg is from the pre-coloured sheet. I've also used a buckle from the embellishments sheet and coloured it digitally. I planned my design in word and printed the papers and image off to the exact sizes I wanted. I find I'm doing this more and more because there is no waste to add to my already groaning 'bits' drawers (yes that is as in more than one - but I'm not telling you just how many!!)
I shaped the egg and layered it onto a piece of silver glitter card, cut out and embossed with a nestie's label die - I can never remember the number of this set though, sorry. Lilac ribbon through the buckles and some homemade silver mirri 'card candy' add the finishing touches.
My card is also for these challenges:
Thank you for your visit today :D

22 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous card Ann the colours, image and design are just perfect, I love those sliders I have a page printed out ready to use.
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ann this is just stunning
    love what you have done with the image
    thanks so much for joining in with us this week at Daisy Doodles
    good luck
    Paulaxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card...luv the lush colour

    Thanks for joining us at sketch & stash....good luck!


    xx Lizzy xx :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ann,

    Beautiful card, love the gorgeous tartan backing paper and the super image. Thanks for sharing at Bah Humbug this week.

    Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh Ann this is just gorgeous - love the combinations - a really stunning card.
    Hope you will be able to join us on our last challenge of the year too.
    Ann xxx
    Bah! Humbug! DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Ann

    What a stunning card with such a fabulous array of colours, the addition of silver enhances your other colours perfectly. I love how the poinsetta nests perfectly inside the egg, and your fab silver buckles.

    Thank you so much for joining us
    at Bah!Humbug!
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. The silver touches are beautiful on your card. I love all of the digital elements. Thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge blog.
    xoxo, Christine

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card - not hard to guess your fav colour!! The egg is a fun twist on a christmas card. Thanks for playing with us at southern girls.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree about the colour choice for the challenge this week - it's fab - as is your card. Great layout, lovely papers and super image.
    Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely card Anne, beautiful shades of lilac on there. Thanks for joining us at OSAAT.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the sketch, great card, thanks for joining us at the Die Cut Dreams Christmas blog this week, we're so happy to have you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. very pretty card love the colours thanks for joining us at DCD christmas club
    hugs sara x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful colours, love your card.
    Thanks for taking part in ABC Christmas Challenge this time.
    Dorte,x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Anne,
    What a pretty combination of papers - especially like the lilac tartan with the silver card candy. The triple ribbon and buckle detail looks fabby and is a great idea for using up those leftover scraps that are too small for bows. Thank you for sharing with us at Bah! Humbug!

    Luv'n'Stuff
    Max
    xx
    Max's Craft Creations
    Bah! Humbug! Challenges DT

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful card! I love your colour choice! Thanks for sharing your talent with us at Southern Girls this fortnight.
    Alicia xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my!! This is magnificent, Ann. All the elements look so well together.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great to see your work at Daring Cardmakers! Thanks for joining us!

    Greetings, Saskia :)
    (guest designer)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very lovely card. Thanks for playing at OSAAT.
    Hugs, Nataliya.

    ReplyDelete
  19. What gorgeous card Anne and in such beautiful colours, love your design on this one.
    Hugs Linda

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful card. I love the image you have chosen. Thank you so much for entering it in the Southern girls favorite color challenge. I hope to see your creations at our next challenge.
    Hugz, xxx
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fantastic card!! Great take on the X Challenge! Thanks for playing along with the ABC Christmas Challenge! We have another fun one for you that started today. We hope you can play along again!
    ~Lacey
    www.stampandcreate.com
    ABC Christmas Challenge DT

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gorgeous Card - Love the colours and image - Thanks for joining us at Sketch & Stash
    Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete

I'm always thrilled to receive your comments, thank you for taking the time to leave them x