Friday, 19 November 2010

CDAC - Challenge #28

Good morning Bloggers, before we get onto this week's challenge, I'd like to thank all of you who took part in our 1st birthday celebrations on CDAC. As part of those celebrations all of the DT are giving away a digi stamp or pre-coloured sheet of choice on our blogs drawn from the comments left on that post and the winner of my prize is: Jackie (Jester Crafts)! Well done Jackie, have a look at the pages on the challenge blog and send me an email with your choice to: craftyann@hotmail.co.uk

Now onto the new challenge and our theme for Challenge #28 is an inspirational photo:








We have all interpreted it differently so do pop over to the challenge blog to see them all and visit the individual blogs to find out how they were done.

I was so tempted to do a scenic one but decided to go for colours from the picture instead. We have a lot going on at home atm (think building site and you'll have an idea of what I want rid of before Christmas!! lol!) so I took the quick(ish) way out and coloured my faberge egg digitally and added some rather nice cerise glitter that I got as part of a kit from QVC about 7 years ago and have never used! It was the perfect colour for picking out the bourgainvillea though and I've layered this onto a piece of white pearlescent paper cut out with the largest die from the nestiies labels 4 set. The bps are - blue - polished stone from the pastels collection and - pale brown - woodgrain effect from the earth tones collection. I rather like that the woodgrain effect is also rather reminiscent of sand. The sentiment is computer generated and was added directly to the digi paper before printing. I've finished off with 3 of my homemade silver mirri 'card candy'.

I'm also entering my card into these challenges:

  • Stamp with fun - square
  • Fab 'n' Funky - Forget me not (use up forgotten stash - I think 7 years for the glitter is probably forgotten enough!)
  • Paper Sundaes - Pick at least two sundae toppings from: punches, ribbon, embossing and the colour blue. The only one I haven't used on here is the ribbon. The punch is the 'card candy', and the embossing is on the nestie's label. I'm hoping the blue might be obvious, lol!
Thank you for your visit today and I hope you'll find inspriation in the picture and join us for this one

6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous as usual Ann.
    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic! Thanks for joining us at Fab'n'Funky!xx Jenny xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. very nice! The woodgrain paper is fantastic!
    Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty card! Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes this week! We hope to see you again :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card - wonderful color and motiv. Thanks for joining stamp with fun.
    Big hug
    Andrea-Emmi41

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card, thanks for playing along with Fab n funky!

    ReplyDelete

I'm always thrilled to receive your comments, thank you for taking the time to leave them x