Tuesday, 12 October 2010

Okay - I Caved In!!!!!


It didn't take long for me to cave in and use the purple and black papers that I fought with myself over in my last post did it????
Incidentally, the papers are proper purple - honestly!! I don't know why, but my camera always makes purple look blue! (It is, of course, the camera and not my photographic skills!)
This card is for our GD who becomes a teenager tomorrow and this image from Mo Manning sums her (and I suspect every other 13 year old girl) up to perfection. I've coloured the image with promarkers and cut it out with a nestie label die.
The dps are from the new purple & black collection. I used one of the blank tickets from the Tickets Sheet so that I could add my own sentiment to it and overlaid it onto lilac from the polished stone pastels collection before printing it off. Finally, I embellished with satin ribbon that I coloured with black promarker and added a faux buckle slider from the embellishments sheet that I coloured on the computer and added stickles to. The papers, tickets and embellishments sheet are all available from Crafty Ann's.

I'm entering my card into the following challenges:
  • Our Creative Corner - the lovely sketch
  • D2P - colour of the rainbow (definitely purple!!!! lol!)
  • Incy Wincy - faux it up (ribbon slider buckle)
  • CCT - Make your own (no shop bought embellishments)
  • C4C - Birthday
Thank you for dropping by today.

8 comments:

  1. WOW Ann, these papers are gorgeous, I am not surprised you caved in and used them. Your GD will love her card.
    Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Ann love the colour combo
    and gorgeous design with perfect details.

    Hugs Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card, Love the color combo! Thanks for playing along with 'Our Creative Corner' sketch challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have 3 daughters and they all had this teen look.. This is beautiful and she will love it. Thanks for playing with us at Mo's this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful job on this! Thanks for taking part in Mo's Challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a fabulous card! thanks for sharing with us at CCT this week.
    hugs, annie x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very fun! Thank you for joining us at Cute Card Thursday!

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute card! I love the purple & black.

    ReplyDelete

I'm always thrilled to receive your comments, thank you for taking the time to leave them x