Friday, 15 October 2010

Ebony & Ivory......


I've really enjoyed making this card, it was one of those that just started put itself together in my mind as soon as I saw one of the challenges that inspired it. The challenge I'm talking about it Your Next Stamp and this week we're asked to be Nicely Negative. The girls have some good suggestions for how to do this, but because I'm never happy with stamping with white ink, I decided to do it with a digi stamp. I've used Venetian Mask 3 and inverted it in photoshop to create my negative - then I did the same thing with a Happy Birthday Ticket. Once I'd done this, I decided to make my whole card just black and white and went in search of a suitable sketch which I found at Truly Scrumptious with the optional extra of an easel card - and I don't need an excuse to make one of those!! Allsorts (which I'm hoping I've made by the skin of my teeth) want us to be insprired by a song title and mine is Ebony & Ivory. Charisma Cardz want more than one fold and Papertake weekly want three of a kind. The bp is from the Black & White Collection and I've used one of the buckles from the embellishments sheet that I've coloured digitally and squished a bit to get the shape I wanted for this project. The three large gems at the side were coloured with black promarker and to finish it off I've used a couple of satin ribbons, some black card and a couple of heart embellishments. Since I took the photo, I've added some tiny white pearls to the 'studs' on the mask but haven't had chance to take another photo - they do finish it off very well though. The papers, Venetian Mask, Embellishments Sheet and Tickets Sheets are all available from Crafty Ann's.

I hope you like it too and thank you for your visit today.

6 comments:

  1. ohhh that checked paper is lush I adore it, so classy, the image is very unusualy but looks right :o)

    thankyou for joining in with the musical fun @ Allsorts

    Amanda xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowsers way to take a leap of faith with the "nicely negative" challenge this card is fan-flippin-tasic! Beth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great black and white card! Thanks for joining us at Truly Scrumptious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how fun!! Love the black and white and your easel design!! Fun image!! Thanks for joining the YNS Nicely Negative challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous Ann, really striking. Thanks for joining us at Truly Scrumptious.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cool - you did a great job with the challenge! Thanks for playing along with us at Your Next Stamp!

    ReplyDelete

I'm always thrilled to receive your comments, thank you for taking the time to leave them x