Friday, 8 October 2010

CACB Challenge #25



Another fortnight has whizzed by again and we're already at Challenge #25 at Crafty Ann's. This time our theme is: Use at least 1 digi stamp and your favourite colouring medium - don't forget to tell us what your favourite is.

I've taken myself right out of my comfort zone colour wise with this one. For some reason I don't really like using yellow so I decided that I would this time. A little while ago, I was asked if I would consider doing some orange and black papers which I duly did and Kym liked them so much that she asked me to do some other colours with black. There's now quite a range just waiting to go up into the shop and one of these is yellow and black (which is already there) so I decided to go with that - but oh boy did I have a fight with myself not to use the purple and black instead!!!

I've used Venetian mask 3 coloured with promarkers and black glitter (two fav mediums of the moment) and I've matted this onto some white pearlescent paper cut out using a nestie label (no 4 I think). I've embellished with a buckle that I've glittered and added flat backed gems to and white and yellow ribbon.

It's growing on me but I'm still not 100% sure of the colour - now if I'd gone with the purple & black.............lol!

I'm also entering my card into these challenges:
I do hope you'll be able to join us again, we get such pleasure from visiting your blogs.

17 comments:

  1. Fabulous card love those colours they compliment each other perfectly
    Thank you so much for sharing with us at ooh la la this week
    Wendi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Ann, how did I miss this on OUR postings. This is so lovely. Really gorgeous in fact.

    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card! So striking, love the colours! Thanks for joining us at Fab and Funky this week x

    ReplyDelete
  4. well you certainly rocked that yellow with this! it's gorgeous! thank you so much for sharing it with us at glitterbabe's challenge.

    hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful work hun! Thanks for joining in this week at Creative Inspirations Wednesday Challenge Blog! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card!
    Thanks for joining us at digital tuesday :)
    Hugs Anneke

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Ann it is lovely to come see you and your wonderful, inspirational work, this is quite beautiful I love the colours, mask and that ribbon slider looks so effective. Thank you so much for sharing this with us at Digital Tuesday this week.
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  8. For not liking yellow you did an awesome use of it! love this card!! thanks for playing at Glitterbabe´s Challenge this week, hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card!! I love the yellow and black together. Very striking!
    Nancy SSW

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW!! This is great, love your background papers.
    Thanks for playing along with us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous card! Love the colours! Thanks for joining in this week at Creative Inspirations Wednesday Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your yellow and black card! Stunning! And what marvelous background paper too. Thanks for joining us at SSW!

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  13. Totally gorgeous Ann and the papers are beautiful!love the colour combination.
    Hugs Linda

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is a great card and I love the colors! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Sweet Sketch Wednesday!

    Peace & Luv,
    Jeannie

    ReplyDelete
  15. GORGEOUS! I just love everything you did! :D Thanks for joining us at Glitterbabe's challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fab card & fab colours! Thanks so much for joining us this week @ SSW :)

    Genevieve.

    ReplyDelete
  17. The color combo is great!! And cool image! Thanks for sharing at Glitterbabes!

    ReplyDelete

I'm always thrilled to receive your comments, thank you for taking the time to leave them x