Wednesday, 29 September 2010

Don't Faint!


Wow! Two posts this week! I'm seriously behind with the last few Bah! Humbug! Challenges and I have cards in my head for all of them!!

At least I've made it this week though. This week's challenge is stars and I decided to go for a CAS look. I've added an L shaped border down the left hand side and along the bottom of embossed stars from a papermania christmas borders collection - these embossing folders are seriously good value. Other than that, I've used the pre-coloured poinsettia from Crafty Ann's - the poinsettia is also available as a normal digi stamp but for speed, I've opted for the pre-coloured one and added a second layer of the red bracts for a bit more dimension. The greeting tag is a stamp I got free on a magazine last year and stamped with warm red chalk ink - which is a deeper colour in real life than the photo makes it look.

My card is for quite a few other challenges too:
Thank you for your visit today, don't forget to come back on Friday for the CDAC blog hop (see post below for details)  :D

19 comments:

  1. A gorgeous card Ann,Quite elegant.I love the flower.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful work hun! Thanks for joining in this week at Creative Inspirations Wednesday Challenge Blog! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is seriously beautiful Ann. Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally gorgeous Ann - love those folders and your poinsetta is simply beautiful
    Ann xxx
    Bah! Humbug! DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning card Ann, so elegant. I love it.

    Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Ann
    What can I say just gorgeous, beautiful and elegant. The star embossing is fantastic as is your flower. The darker colour against the white background is beautiful.

    Thank you so much for joining in our latest challange.

    irene
    Bah!Humbug!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW Ann this is stunning, classy and elegant what else can I say...
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card.With a flower that gorgeous you don't really need much more.Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion :D
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card Ann, I agree with Lorraine, very classy & elegant.
    Hugs
    Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Simple yet stunning. Thank you for sharing with us at Bah! Humbug!

    Luv'n'Stuff
    Max
    xx
    Max's Craft Creations
    Bah! Humbug! Challenges DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great Card so elegant!

    Thanks for playing at Allsorts this week

    Emma xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. A lovely card Anne, beautifully crafted. The flower is just lovely.
    Jen x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous - so classy, your embossed border is superb! Thanks for joining us at Colour Create. Juliexx

    ReplyDelete
  14. A beautiful card, perfect for our theme,
    Thanks for joining our challenge at ALLSORTS this week, Good Luck
    Hugz Fleur xXx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous Christmas card! So elegant! Thanks for joining this week at Creative Inspirations Wednesday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your digis are too cute!! Such creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you for a chance to see your site. I love your snow globes!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is beautiful, Ann! Thanks so much for joining us at Craft Your Passion, this week.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I absolutely love this!!!!

    Thank you for joining us this week at Incy Wincy Designs

    Would love it if you could come and visit my blog Vanilla Hevn sometime :)

    Heather and the DT

    ReplyDelete

I'm always thrilled to receive your comments, thank you for taking the time to leave them x