Friday, 24 September 2010

CACB #24


Good friday morning everyone - it's time for challenge #24 at Crafty Ann's and we have something a little different this time because we want you to make Anything But A Card!
I've decided to make a virtue out of a necessity and make a cover for a tissue box for Christmas. I thought it might be rather nice to make it part of the decorations this year. I've used one of the papers from tartan collection 1 and fastened the 4 corners together with a narrow satin ribbon so that it can be folded down and stored away with the rest of the decorations when we take them down again. The poinsettia on the top is a new digi and will be in the shop later today (hopefully) as will some sheets of pre-coloured ornaments that I've used around the sides. I've coloured the poinsettias with promarkers.


Each ornament has been backed by a piece of white pearlescent paper that's been put through a snowflake embossing folder. The tiny irridescent bows add a lovely finishing touch.
I'm also entering my tissue box cover into these challenges:
Thank you for dropping by today and for any comments you leave - all are very much appreciated.

17 comments:

  1. I love your festive tissue box Ann, what a great idea! Only yesterday I was thinking all I ever make is cards so maybe I should take up this challenge and have a go at something a bit different!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fantastic Ann and makes sneezing more enjoyable. Lol!!!

    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Ann, I never thought a tissue box could be so beautiful! I love it and those new digis are gorgeous
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cor!! what an enormous improvement to just having a box with the 'K' word on it, lol.
    Your decorating is top class - love the baubles and poinsettia - they look sooo good on the tartan.
    The way you have made it a fold-down box is inspired. A brilliant project

    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a great idea and very pretty thanks for joining us at the crafty pad this week

    ReplyDelete
  6. lovely design and colours and the tissue box is a fabulous idea and the Christmas theme is too, thanks for joining us at SCSC101: Anything goes, Good luck, Hugs Bridget x. SCSC DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an amazing project, it's gorgeous. Thanks for playing at Charisma. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely project!
    Thanks for joining us at the SCSC!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Ann wow this is amazing I so love those tartan papers they really look so effective and the embellishments are awesome I love this so much
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  10. this is awesome!thanks for sharing it with us at Aifactory!
    --Tammy L DT Lead

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW your project is wonderful. TYSVM for joining us at AiFactory challenge and please be sure to come back and play with us again.

    Laralee DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow Ann, this tissue box is really fab and one that would be brought out year after year. Love your new digi images.
    Janette x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great box, lovely idea. Thanks for joining the TT challenge.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. ADORABLE!! What a great idea! TFS with us at SMC!

    ReplyDelete
  15. what a great project! Thanks for joining in the challenge this week at Charisma Cardz! Gemma :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, this is SEW cute! What a fun idea, too!!!

    Thank you for participating in this week's Christmas Themed Sew Many Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  17. My goodness Ann, this is beautiful and what a Wonderful gift it would make too. I have never tried antghing like this, but will see what I can do. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete

I'm always thrilled to receive your comments, thank you for taking the time to leave them x