Crikey but these fortnights are flying by! It's time for challenge #23 at Crafty Ann's already and this time our theme is monochrome so I've gone with shades of red. I've used one of the cupcake images (adding extra cherries to create the 'candle') and coloured it with promarkers and added some glitter on the icing and the candle flame. The bps are from the embossed dots brights collection and the tartan collection 1. I've matted the cupcake onto white pearlescent paper and textured gold card using some nesties that I chose as my prize from the Simon Says Stamp sponsored Sketch and Stash challenge a few weeks ago.I've embellished with a 3D short petal flower that I first painted with twinkling H2Os but it wasn't red enough (too pinky) so I went over it with the poppy promarker that I used on the cupcake and the effect is really lovely! There's still some of the shimmer showing and there's a real depth of colour with the combination - I think I'll be doing that again. I added the flourishes cut from some of the white pearlescent paper to finish it.
My card has also been inspired by these challenges:
- Sketch and Stash for the sketch and my neglected stash is the cupcake - I drew it ages ago and this is the first time I've used it.
- Fab 'n' Funky - What 'eva'
- Passion for Promarkers - Sweet Treats
- Colour Create - Red, gold and white or cream
- Paper Sundaes - Mixed Mediums (promarkers & twinkling H2Os)
- Pile it on - Pile on the layers.
- Fussy and Fancy Friday - Christmas colours but not necessarily a Christmas project
- Gingerloft Challenge - Anything Goes
- 2 Sisters - Monochromatic
- Cowgirls Sunday - Anything Goes
- Incy Wincy - Celebrate
Before I leave you today, I want to tell you about a new monthly blog hop: