Sunday, 22 August 2010

Two Today!

I've two projects to share with you today - no, don't faint!!



This first one is for both Bah! Humbug! and Winter Wonderland who have both chosen the same subject this week - Winter Wonderland! Yes Ann, I have been singing it in my head ever since I visited the BH blog! I'll let you off though because it's one of my all time favourites - especially if it's by Nat King Cole! To me winter wonderland means lots of white so that's what I've gone for here. I haven't used any bps as such, when I cut my piece of A4 down to create my 6x6 card blank, I cut four squares out of the left over piece. Then I edged them with gold pentouch pen and put them through the swiss dots cuttlebug folder. The central image is the Tree Snowglobe from Crafty Ann's. I coloured the image with promarkers and added some stickles. I had intended to paper piece the base of the snowglobe and printed it all off ready but in the meantime, I'd been out and treated myself to some embossing folders from papermania and rather fancied this snowflake border on gold mirri so I used my original paper piece as a template and did just that! I must say that I rather like the result. The sentiment is from a See D's christmas set and I've finished it off with some glitterations.

My second offering today is a first for me!



This one was inspired by the challenge at Allsorts which is miniature - less than 3" tall. Well, I got my first nesties recently and happened to have a piece of card on my desk from cutting an A4 down for a 6x6 and decided to try cutting a shaped card blank and this is the size that would fit that piece of card and it's been knocking around on my desk ever since so I decided to use it here and create an easel ATC! It's made from scraps, including the short petal flower which was left over from another project (I always print an extra as a "just in case".) I painted the flower and leaves with twinkling H2Os and added a couple of small die cut swirls and finished it with a couple of flat backed pearls and a flat backed 'gem'. I really enjoyed making both of these and my ATC fits well with a few other challenges too:

Thank you for dropping in today.

12 comments:

  1. An easel ATC how very clever Ann. Such a pretty one, great swirls and love the shape too. love it. Thanks for painting along with me this week Love Cynthia x

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are both amazing! Love the sketch you used for the first card. The snowglobe is amazing.
    Gorgeous flower on the second card, love the shimmer!

    Thanks so much for joining us at digital tuesday, and yes, you may enter more than one card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Ann you are on a roll. I love the snowglobe,that gold mirri is beautiful for the base. That dinky little easel card is fab, I love the flower painted with h2o's - really stunning
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your snowglobe card is fabby - the embossed snowflakes look wonderful on the gold mirri. Thank you for sharing with us at Bah! Humbug!

    Luv'n'Stuff
    Max
    xx
    Max's Craft Creations
    Bah! Humbug! Challenges DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Ann, both projects are gorgeous.

    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an amazing little card Ann. Both cards are beautiful ,but this is really stunning. Hugs Rita xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love both projects but the ATC easel card is fab how clever of you, thanks for joining in at OSCC, Janet

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Ann, just to let you know I left you a little something on my blog :-)
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Anne

    Wow what a stunning card, I love your snowglobe and that fabulous embossing. The miri base of your snowglobe sets it off perfectly.

    Thank you so much for joining in our latest challange at Bah!Humbug!

    luv
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely card Ann, the flower is such a beautiful colour

    Jen x

    ReplyDelete
  11. The embossing gives a great feel of snow and so does the nearly all white card, thanks for playing along at Winter Wonderland this week
    hope we will see you Friday for more challenge fun Hugs Kate

    ReplyDelete
  12. both items are fabulous, the easel ATC is a great idea!

    thanks so much for taking up my challenge at Allsorts

    Amanda xx

    ReplyDelete

I'm always thrilled to receive your comments, thank you for taking the time to leave them x